Do you know What is 2G Cellular NetworkThe How it works, what are its important features? After 1G in wireless technology, 2G changed the entire function of mobile communication.
Where there was only Voice in 1G, while Voice in 2G was with data service is also provided. The main difference between 1G and 2G is that the Radio signal being used in 1G Signals of the 2G network are digital while analogs are digital.
This gave people a chance to use their cell phones completely correctly. Together, they also received text encryption, data services such as SMS, picture message, and MMS.
In 2G or second-generation communication, the phone conversation is fully digitally encrypted. This increases the security of communication significantly compared to 1G. 2G technology along with people talking on their cell phone internet Taught you to use it too.
This left people calling their cell phones just calling devices and started calling this a utility device. So today I thought that you guys What is 2G Network I should provide complete information about the subject so that you can get to know about the advancement of Mobile Technology. Then without delay let’s start and know about 2G technology.
- 1 What is 2G Cellular Network
- 2 1Q – 2G What is a Scam and what is its effect on our Economy?
- 3 2Q – Can we send SMS from airtel 2G sim if our phone has more balance?
- 4 3Q – Does iPhone 4s Support 2G Network?
- 5 4Q – How to connect 2g phone to jio router?
- 6 5Q – How to play youtube without stopping in Jio 2g speed?
What is 2G Cellular Network
Cell phones got the first major upgrade when the technology used in it was upgraded from 1G to 2G. This technology was first used in GSM networks in Finland in 1991. This led to a huge change from analog communication of phones to digital communication.
2G Full Form is Second Generation. 2G telephone technology In new features such as call and text encryption, which included data services such as SMS, picture messages, and MMS. Suppose 2G replaced 1G, as has happened with all new technology. but 3G Even after the arrival of, 2G is still used in many countries.
At the same time, the maximum speed of 2G is General. Packet 50 in Radio Service (GPRS) Kbps. The same Enhanced Data Rates GSM Evolution (EDGE) has 1Mbps. The main objective of this generation is to provide a secure and reliable communication channel. It has both concepts CDMA and GSM Has been implemented. To achieve 2G capabilities, multiple users are allowed a single channel by multiplexing.
2G max speed is 50 Kbps with General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) and 1 Mbps in Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution (EDGE). Very little known technology to bridge that gap before moving from 2G to the 3G wireless network 2.5G and 2.75G Is completed by
History of 2G (First Generation)
Second generation 2G cellular telecom networks commercially launched GSM In standard, that too from Finland Radiolinja (Which is still a part of Elisa Oyj) in 1991.
Features of 2G Technology
Let us now discuss the important features of 2G Technology.
- In second-generation communications, phone conversations are digitally encrypted. This greatly increases its security.
- 2G GSM Technology works in many different frequency bands 900/1800.
- In this, Digital Modulation was first introduced.
- Its data rate up to 9.6 Kbps.
- There are voice calls, noise-free due to digital modulation.
- In 900 uplink which is the frequency range of BTS to mobile is 890-915 MHz and in downlink which is the frequency range of BTS to mobile is 935-960 MHz.
- Two types of multiple in 2G Access It uses TDMA based GSM technology and CDMA-based IS 95 technology.
- Different types of carriers of frequency 200 in GSM KHz Is used, where 124 carriers are used in the 900 frequency band, while 373 carriers are used in the 1800 frequency band.
- Data service first started in the form of SMS and later GPRS was introduced.
- Up to 61 users in CDMA technology can communicate simultaneously with great comfort.
- CDMA also has 20 MHz bandwidth There are 800 bands and 1900 bands.
- This technology does not support multimedia services.
- Examples are GSM and CDMA.
Technologies used in 2G
Actually, there is no network by speaking 1G technology, to say that communication technology has increased since the arrival of 2G. It included many such features that you could not find in 1G. 2G network has been a very successful network that was very popular from 1980 to 2003. There were some such advancements in 2G in its spectrum which made it very popular. GSM, GPRS, and EDGE are prominent among them.
1. GSM: It has full form Global Systems for Mobile Communication. In this, data transfer is also enabled with voice communication. Its speed is 30-35 kbps. It has played a very critical role in the development of mobile technology.
2. GPRS: Its full form is General Packet Radio Service. It also works similar to similar 2G technology such as GSM but due to some refinements in it, its data speeds (110 kbps) increase.
3. EDGE: Its full form is Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution. It was introduced in 2003 and used in 2.9G or 3G. It is a much advanced technology from both GPRS and GSM. In addition, it provides high speeds up to 135 kbps and still used in mobile networks in many countries.
What was 2G’s Limitation?
If I talk about the limitation of 2G, then it is a little less useful than its next technology 3G. Let us know about this.
- 2G needs strong digital signals to operate properly. And if network coverage is not good then it is not possible to use 2G.
- In this, the dedicated channel is allocated in the ongoing voice call.
- Due to lack of network in this call drop As inconveniences arise.
- These network complex data such as videos handle Is unable to do.
- Its signals easily interfere with some electronics gadgets such as an audio amplifier.
- 2G is not more compatible than today’s smartphone functions.
- The upload and download speed of 2G network is very less as compared to the 3G network.
- It cannot handle data and Vidoe communication.
The technology of 2.5G and 2.75G:
Before going from 2G to 3G, very little known technology like 2.5G and 2.75G used interim standards to fill that gap, which can fill this gap of data transmission.
A new one in 2.5G packet-switching technique Was introduced which was more efficient than 2G technology. At the same time, 2.75G was brought after a few years, which provided a theoretical threefold speed increase. AT&T It was the first GSM network that 2.75G Approve with EDGE UIn.
2.5G and 2.75G are not considered to be formally wireless standards. It was mostly promoted as a marketing tool in front of the public in the new cell phone features so that the general public is more attracted to it.
As we all know that once in every 10 years new mobile technology is born, which is an upgraded version of the earlier technology. In such 3G was born 10 years after 2G, And about which we will learn in another article.
Frequently asked questions
1Q – 2G What is a Scam and what is its effect on our Economy?
A – 2G scam is a type of scam in which some government officials took the wrong advantage of their powers and sold 2G licenses at very low prices to some of their known people. This had the effect that India had to bear a loss of about 1.5 lakh crores. Later, those officers had to face the wind of the jail. It’s main accused are A.Raja, MKKanimozhi, Siddhartha Behura, RK Chandolia.
2Q – Can we send SMS from airtel 2G sim if our phone has more balance?
A – You can send SMS even if your airtel 2G SIM has more balance.
3Q – Does iPhone 4s Support 2G Network?
A – iPhone 4s supports 2G aur 3G network.
4Q – How to connect 2g phone to jio router?
A – If you are old 2G or 3G phone In jio 4G To get the facility, then for that you just need a JioFi device Will have to buy in which a JIO sim will be made available for free. Price of this JioFi device Rs.1999 / – Is kept If you connect your 2G phone with this JioFi router want to connect Then you just have to turn on this device and with your phone wifi Also have to be started, then both of them go with the help of wifi be connected Can. and you Jio internet Can enjoy
5Q – How to play youtube without stopping in Jio 2g speed?
A – If you are in Jio 2G speed youtube If you want to run without stopping, then you have to follow the steps mentioned. So let’s know about them.
1. First of all Youtube videos Of resolution Reduce it.
2. If using Chrome then use Data Saver Mode.
3. Background Apps running in data usage Restrict to
4. Disable the media download option of Whatsapp.
5. In offline youtube Use it
6. Update apps to Wi-Fi only.
7. Internet Boosting Apps Use
8. Choose the right browser.
I hope i got you What is 2G Cellular NetworkThe Gave full information about and I hope you guys have understood what is 2G Mobile Network. If you have any doubts about this article or you want that there should be some improvement in it, then for this you can write low comments. With these ideas, you will get a chance to learn and improve. If you find this article of 2G Network What happens or if you have got something to learn, then to show your happiness and excitement, please post this post like Social Networks Facebook, Share on Google+ and Twitter etc.