Vaikuntha Chaturdashi 2021 Story and Worship Method (Vaikuntha Chaturdashi Vrat Puja Vidhi, Katha In Hindi)
Vaikuntha Chaturdashi is said to be the meeting of Harihara i.e. the union of Lord Shiva and Vishnu. The worshipers of Vishnu and Shiva celebrate this day with great enthusiasm. Especially it is celebrated in Ujjain, Varanasi. On this day a grand event is organized in Ujjain. Lord’s rides leave from the middle of the city, which go to the Mahakaleshwar temple. On this day, the atmosphere of celebration in Ujjain remains everywhere. Diwali festival Like the union of Lord Shiva and Vishnu is celebrated with enthusiasm.
Vaikuntha Chaturdashi is also celebrated with great pomp by the Marathis in Maharashtra. Vaikuntha Chaturdashi begins in Maharashtra Shivaji Maharaj And their mother was done by Jijabai, in this the Gaur Saraswat Brahmin supported these people. There these festivals are celebrated in a very different way.
- 1 When is Vaikunda Chaturdashi celebrated? (Vaikuntha Chaturdashi Vrat Date)
- 1.1 This time Vaikuntha Chaturdashi will be celebrated on 17 November 2021.
- 1.2 Story of Vaikuntha Chaturdashi Vrat:
- 1.3 How is Vaikuntha Chaturdashi celebrated? (Vaikuntha Chaturdashi Vrat Celebration)
- 1.4 Vaikuntha Chaturdashi Vrat In Maharastra in Maharashtra –
- 1.5 Share this:
When is Vaikunda Chaturdashi celebrated? (Vaikuntha Chaturdashi Vrat Date)
This Chaturdashi celebrated in Hindu religion falls in Kartik Shukla Paksha. It is said that Lord Vishnu gets all the auspicious work done in the world, but he goes into yoga sleep for four months, so there is no auspicious work in these four months. Lord Shiva takes over all the work in these four days. Thus, when Lord Vishnu wakes up from Yoganindra, Lord Shiva assigns all the work to him, that day is called Vaikuntha Chaturdashi.
This time Vaikuntha Chaturdashi will be celebrated on 17 November 2021.
|Chaturdashi date starts||From 14:06 on November 28|
|Chaturdashi date ends||till 12:53 am on 29th November|
|home page||Click here|
Story of Vaikuntha Chaturdashi Vrat:
STORY 1: This day is called the meeting of Harihar. Lord Vishnu leaves Vaikuntha and goes to Varanasi for Shiva devotion and worships Lord Shiva with thousand lotus flowers there. Then they offer one of their eyes to Lord Shiva, which is called Kamal Nayan, Lord Shiva appears pleased with them and gives them back the eyes as well as gives Sudarshan Chakra to Vishnu. This day is called Vaikuntha Chaturdashi, thus Hari (Vishnu) meets Har (Shiva).
Story 2: There was a Brahmin named Dhaneshwar who used to do very bad deeds. He had many sins on his forehead. One day he went for a bath in the Godavari river, that day was Vaikuntha Chaturdashi. Many devotees had come to Godavari Ghat after offering prayers on that day, Dhaneshwar was with all of them in the crowd, thus Dhaneshwar also got merit due to the touch of those devotees. When he died, Yamraj took him away and sent him to hell. Then Lord Vishnu said that he is very sinful, but he took Godavari bath on the day of Vaikuntha Chaturdashi and because of the devotion of the devotee, all his sins were destroyed, so he would get Vaikunth Dham.
How is Vaikuntha Chaturdashi celebrated? (Vaikuntha Chaturdashi Vrat Celebration)
- On this day, grand yatras are taken out in Ujjain in which drums are played, people dance with fireworks and go to Mahakal temple to see Baba.
- Lord Vishnu is worshiped on this day. Vishnu weapon is recited, many types of events are organized in Vishnu temple.
- On this day a bath is taken in the holy rivers, due to which all the sins are destroyed.
- Vishnu ji wakes up from yoga sleep, hence the festival is celebrated, lamps are donated.
- There is a grand festival in the Vishnu temple of Varanasi, on this day the temple is decorated like Vaikunth Dham.
- Fasting is kept on this day.
- The lamp is donated at the ghat of the river Ganges.
Way to celebrate
- The annual festival is celebrated at the time of Vaikuntha Chaturdashi in the ‘Vishnupad Temple’ located in Gaya city of Bihar state of India. It is believed that there is a footprint of Vishnu here. The devotees of Lord Vishnu take a Kartik bath on this day.
- In Rishikesh, a big festival of lamp donation is held on the banks of the Ganges. Which is a symbol of the fact that Vishnu has awakened from his deep sleep, and in this happiness lamps are donated everywhere.
- Varanasi has organized a special event in Kashi Vishwanath temple on this day, it is said that on the day of Vaikunth Chaturdashi it becomes Vaikunth Dham.
- Vishnu ji offers Tulsi leaves to Shiva ji, while Shiva ji offers Bel leaves to Vishnu ji.
Vaikuntha Chaudas is also celebrated with enthusiasm in Maharashtra. This festival is going on since the time of Shivaji. Shivaji’s mother Jija Bai used to celebrate Vaikuntha Chaturdashi with full rituals. Throughout Kartika lotus flowers were offered to Lord Shiva and Vishnu. In Maharashtra, many lotus flowers were kept in a kund called Kushavarta. Jija Bai had such a belief that such a lotus flower should be offered to Kartik, which no human could touch, how his wish would be fulfilled, Shivaji did not even have a solution, then one of his bodyguards Dalvi took the initiative to do this work. Shivaji told him if you fail then you will be punished. He accepted. When the crowd of the whole city gathered to see this work, Dalvi took the mark of his arrow and sent the lotus flower directly to the basket, which everyone was pleased to see. In this way, the festival of Vaikuntha Chaturdashi is celebrated in all the provinces with beliefs.
Vaikuntha Chaturdashi Vrat In Maharastra in Maharashtra –
The founder of the Maratha Empire, Shivaji Maharaj and his mother started this festival. After the consecration of Shivaji, Raigad was made the capital, where there was a large lotus pond, which was called Kushavarta. Here in the month of Kartik very beautiful lotus flowers of white, blue and red colors bloom. When Shivaji and his mother Jijabai saw this scene, Jijabai tells her son about Vaikuntha Chaturdashi. Shivaji remembers Lord Vishnu and Shiva. Like Vishnu, Jijabai expresses her desire to offer 1000 white lotus flowers to Shiva at the Jagadishwar temple. Jijabai herself decided to choose the flowers, so that no withered or tainted flower should be offered to Shiva. Shivaji thought of fulfilling his mother’s wish, but his mother herself was picking flowers, due to which Shivaji was upset. He kept this thing in front of everyone in his court.
In the court, Shivaji’s protector Dalvi said that he would collect the flowers without even touching them. Shivaji told them that if they fail in this work, they will be punished. Dalvi accepts this. On the day of Vaikuntha Chaturdashi, Dalvi goes to the lotus pond early in the morning, many people gather around to see this work of Dalvi. Then Dalvi lies down on the ground, and shoots an arrow. This arrow goes ahead, penetrating all the lotus flowers one after the other. After this, the Dalvi boat goes to the pond and picks up the flowers with the help of tongs without touching them as promised. Shivaji and Jijabai are very pleased with this act of Dalvi, and give him a lot of money, jewelry as a gift.