SRH vs BLR Dream11 Prediction: England had to wait for 12 editions to bring their maiden world cup home, but they finally did it in 2019. Royal Challengers Bangalore have failed to live up to the expectations of their fans in last 12 editions, will they be 13th time lucky? They will begin their campaign today against one of the most organized teams in the IPL – Sunrisers Hyderabad at Dubai. This will also be a clash between two absolute superstars of the game: Virat Kohli and David Warner.
Sunrisers Hyderabad have made into the IPL playoffs on a regular basis in last few years. They have also gone on and won the whole thing in 2016. After the departure of Tom Moody, they have one the most successful limited overs coaches in Trevor Bayliss at the helm of affairs. David Warner will take over the captaincy again this year after the break of two years. This will also mean that they may look beyond Kane Williamson in the playing XI to find a better balance. SRH have almost all their bases covered on paper with plenty of options in each department. They are likely to start with David Warner, Jonny Bairstow, Mohammad Nabi and Rashid Khan as their overseas options in first half of the tournament.
Royal Challengers Bangalore have also gone through a transition in their think tank this year. Mike Hesson will be their director while Simon Katich will be heading the coaching team. Virat Kohli is again hopeful of a good season as their fans but the questions still remain about their death bowling options. Navdeep Saini and Chris Morris are the prime contenders for that role with Umesh Yadav being used in earlier stages of the innings. Another important thing will be their composition at the top with a decision to be made between Devdutt Padikkal and Parthiv Patel.
In head-to-head comparisons, Sunrisers Hyderabad have had a slightly better say than Royal Challengers Bangalore in matches between them. SRH have won 8 encounters while RCB came out victorious on 6 occasions. In last 5 matches, both teams won a couple of matches each while one match was washed out in 2017. More importantly, SRH beat RCB in 2016 final to claim their first IPL title.
- 1 Pitch and Conditions
- 2 SRH vs BLR Dream11 Teams Match Details
- 3 SRH vs BLR Dream11 Team Prediction
- 4 Captain Picks
- 5 Who will win SRH vs BLR Today Match Prediction?
Pitch and Conditions
The pitch, which was used for yesterday’s match between Delhi Capitals and Kings XI Punjab, was an interesting one. Ball zipped around when it was new while we saw some uneven bounce as the ball got older. This match will be played on the same pitch today, so you can expect same attributes in terms of behavior. The weather will set fair as it usually is in Dubai during this time of the year.
SRH vs BLR Dream11 Teams Match Details
Fixture name: Sunrisers Hyderabad Vs Royal Challengers Bangalore, Match 3, IPL 2020
Competition: IPL 2020
Date: 21st September 2020
Time: 7:30 PM IST
Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
Head to Head (Last 5 games)
Sunrisers Hyderabad: 02, Royal Challengers Bangalore: 02, NR: 01
Sunrisers Hyderabad: LLLWL
Royal Challengers Bangalore: WNLWW
Last Match at the Venue
Delhi Capitals (157/8, 20 Overs) beat Kings XI Punjab (157/8, 20 Overs) in super-over, 20th September 2020.
SRH vs BLR Dream11 Team Prediction
Let’s take a look at the squad news and SRH Vs BLR Dream11 predictions for today’s encounter.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Team News
- Sunrisers Hyderabad are having choices for some of the places and it will be interesting to see how they go about their selections.
- SRH have arguably league’s most powerful opening pair in David Warner and Jonny Bairstow. David Warner has struggled in England recently but IPL is a different ball-game altogether while Jonny Bairstow is fresh from a century in the same limited overs series.
- Manish Pandey and Vijay Shankar are locked in at no 3 & 4 positions while it is highly likely that youngsters Abdul Samad and Abhishek Sharma will get their opportunities this year.
- If they don’t play Kane Williamson, then they will have options to choose from Mohammad Nabi and Fabian Allen with former getting the nod during early stages most probably.
- Rashid Khan and Bhuvneshwar Kumar will again lead the bowling attack this year. Khaleel Ahmed is also a favourite to start due to his left-arm angle while one from Sandeep Sharma and Siddharth Kaul will play as the third seamer.
SRH Playing 11 (Probable)
Royal Challengers Bangalore Team News
- Royal Challengers Bangalore has made some acquisitions in the auction this year to enhance their skills at some of the crucial positions.
- Australian limited overs captain Aaron Finch will provide much needed support to Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers in the batting lineup. With AB de Villiers donning the gloves, they will have a luxury to play Devdutt Padikkal at the top. He was exceptional in last year’s Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
- Moeen Ali, Shivam Dube and Chris Morris are likely to fill their all-rounders’ spots with all more than handy to do the job in both the departments.
- Yuzvendra Chahal, Navdeep Saini and Umesh Yadav are confirmed starters while they have a decision to make between Washington Sundar and Pawan Negi to kick-off this season.
BLR Playing 11 (Probable)
AB de Villiers
SRH vs BLR Dream 11 Prediction Today Cricket Match
WK: Jonny Bairstow
Batsmen: Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers, Devdutt Padikkal, David Warner, Abdul Samad
All-rounders: Chris Morris, Moeen Ali
Bowlers: Yuzvendra Chahal, Rashid Khan, Khaleel Ahmed
For Small Leagues
- David Warner won the orange cap last year and he is probably the MVP of IPL over the years. For a batsman like him to have a consistency of this level is alarming in T20 cricket. He has almost single-handedly carried Sunrisers Hyderabad in last 4-5 years and with additional responsibility of captaincy this year, he would still be hungry to prove a point once again.
- Rashid Khan will be crucial for Sunrisers Hyderabad to control this magnificent batting lineup of RCB. He has been playing cricket recently in CPL and should not be rusty to start the campaign. He scalped 11 wickets from 10 matches in CPL but he rarely goes for runs in this format of the game. David Warner will be hoping to get breakthroughs in the middle with his trump-card.
- AB de Villiers hasn’t played a lot cricket in last one year but he doesn’t need game time to his back to put on a show. We all know how special he is and pitches with some bounce like Dubai will only complement his stroke-play. He has been hitting them beautifully from the middle in the intra-squad matches and if he keeps wickets, his fantasy points potential will only increase.
For Grand Leagues
- Jonny Bairstow is a very good option in grand leagues for the captaincy pick. He will open the batting with David Warner and has found his form in the ODI series against Australia recently. He will come out all guns blazing in this format and his runs will be more valuable than the others due to the higher boundary percentage.
- Virat Kohli will be back in action after the gap of more than six months. But from a professional like him, you can expect that he will be off the blocks straight away. His main challenge will be against Rashid Khan in the middle overs. As we can see from the data since 2018 in all forms of the game, he had his fair share of struggles against the googly from leg-spinners.
- There are a lot of options to select from in today’s match for the grand leagues. Yuzvendra Chahal is another proven performer from RCB. He is expected to have another good season in IPL on these slow pitches in UAE. A go-to-man for Virat Kohli can be your differentiator for today.
Who will win SRH vs BLR Today Match Prediction?
As per our Today Match Prediction, Royal Challengers Bangalore are favourites to kick-off their season on a winning note against Sunrisers Hyderabad. RCB look a better unit overall this year while SRH will have heavy reliance on their top order to do the job with a weaker middle-order. How RCB go about their business against the opening pair of SRH will go a long way in deciding the outcome of this match.