RR vs CSK Dream11 Prediction: After the initial excitement and buzz, IPL is now moving towards its third venue today. Rajasthan Royals will take on Chennai Super Kings in Sharjah in the 4th match of the season. Rajasthan Royals will make their first appearance this year while Chennai Super Kings are coming off from a win against Mumbai Indians.
Rajasthan Royals’ campaign received a blow even before the beginning when Ben Stokes was ruled out of the season. Also Jos Buttler has arrived with his family here, so he will miss the opening encounter. However, Steve Smith has been declared fit and will lead the Royals today. The onus will be on the middle order to make maximum contributions for them as lower middle order may lack power due to unavailability of Ben Stokes. David Miller is likely to make his Rajasthan debut today after playing nine seasons with Kings XI Punjab along with Tom Curran.
Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians against all the odds in the opening match of the season at Abu Dhabi. After a poor start, bowlers pulled back the proceedings nicely to bring CSK back into the match. Piyush Chawla, Ravindra Jadeja and Sam Curran bowled well in the middle overs while Lungi Ngidi scalped 3 important wickets towards the end. Deepak Chahar also picked up a couple as they restricted Mumbai Indians to a total of 162 runs. In reply, Shane Watson and Murli Vijay went very early to leave CSK struggling at 6 for 2. But Faf du Plessis and Ambati Rayudu scripted a memorable century stand as CSK came soaring back into the match. Ambati Rayudu made 71 while Faf du Plessis remained unbeaten on 58 as CSK won the match by 5 wickets.
In head-to-head comparisons, Chennai Super Kings have been dominant against Rajasthan Royals with 14 wins from 22 matches played between them. Rajasthan Royals were successful to close out the matches on 8 occasions. In last 5 matches, CSK were even more impressive with 4 wins. They have met once in UAE before when CSK beat RR by 7 runs in 2014.
- 1 Pitch and Conditions
- 2 RR vs CSK Dream11 Teams Match Details
- 3 RR vs CSK Dream11 Team Prediction
- 4 RR vs CSK Dream 11 Prediction Today Cricket Match
- 5 Captain Picks
- 6 Who will win RR vs CSK Today Match Prediction?
Pitch and Conditions
The weather will remain clear as usual in Sharjah today while the conditions should suit better to the batsmen compared to other two venues. Pitch here has remained flat usually combined with the short boundaries to make it a profitable venue for the batters. Chasing will be a better option here compared to setting up a total. The average score here is 161 while average winning score goes up to 175 since 2018.
RR vs CSK Dream11 Teams Match Details
Fixture name: Rajasthan Royals Vs Chennai Super Kings, Match 4, IPL 2020
Competition: IPL 2020
Date: 22nd September 2020
Time: 7:30 PM IST
Stadium: Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
Head to Head (Last 5 games)
Rajasthan Royals: 01, Chennai Super Kings: 04, Tie: 00
Rajasthan Royals: LNWWL
Chennai Super Kings: WLWLL
Last Match at the Venue
Quetta Gladiators (186/5, 20 Overs) lost to Karachi Kings (188/4, 18.4 Overs) by 6 wickets, 24th February 2019.
RR vs CSK Dream11 Team Prediction
Let’s take a look at the squad news and RR Vs CSK Dream11 predictions for today’s encounter.
Rajasthan Royals Team News
- Rajasthan Royals will be missing Ben Stokes from this year’s season and that will open up an overseas slot in the playing XI.
- Yashasvi Jaiswal is emerging as a prime contender to open the innings in the absence of Jos Buttler in the opening match. Robin Uthappa is likely to partner him at least for this match.
- Steve Smith, David Miller and Sanju Samson will form the middle order for Rajasthan Royals this season. Youngster Riyan Parag and Shreyas Gopal are likely to bat in the lower middle order.
- Jofra Archer will find some English company today if they go with Tom Curran for their encounter against Chennai Super Kings. Two out of Ankit Rajpoot, Jaydev Unadkat and Mayank Markande will fill the remaining spots most likely.
RR Playing 11 (Probable)
Chennai Super Kings Team News
- Chennai Super Kings are coming into this match after a victory against Mumbai Indians in the opening match of the season.
- Ruturaj Gaikwad was back into training yesterday and he is likely to replace Murli Vijay in the playing XI. Shane Watson will like to consolidate his position before the questions about his place begin to rise.
- Faf du Plessis and Ambati Rayudu will again have to take responsibility of the middle order. Ravindra Jadeja and Sam Curran will remain floaters in the batting order with useful left-hand options. MS Dhoni is likely to go against his promotion up the order if we go by the last match.
- Lungi Ngidi and Deepak Chahar will be leading the charge of fast-bowling department while Piyush Chawla will be again solitary specialist spin-bowler.
CSK Playing 11 (Probable)
Faf du Plessis
RR vs CSK Dream 11 Prediction Today Cricket Match
WK: Sanju Samson
Batsmen: Ambati Rayudu, Faf du Plessis, Steve Smith, David Miller
All-rounders: Sam Curran, Ravindra Jadeja
Bowlers: Shreyas Gopal, Jofra Archer, Lungi Ngidi, Deepak Chahar
For Small Leagues
- Jofra Archer can be a real handful if pitches at Sharjah replicate the same attributes as Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Early movement and uneven bounce will mean that Jofra Archer can be used at any point of the innings by Steve Smith. A solid captaincy option from Rajasthan Royals.
- Faf du Plessis showed in the last match why the role of an anchor will still find its value especially in UAE. Coming in after two early wickets, he waited for the scoring opportunities rather than going after the bowling. He played it perfectly in the end to guide CSK home against Mumbai Indians.
- Lungi Ngidi was the highest points scorer for CSK in the opening match and he will continue to attract value in early part of the season. Pitches are offering something to the fast-bowlers and he used it very well after an expansive couple of overs in the initial spell. He finished with 3 scalps against his name.
For Grand Leagues
- Sam Curran has the potential to be a differential pick for today’s match. He bowled economically against Mumbai Indians and also picked up a crucial wicket. Now that he has made everyone aware about his batting credentials, he is likely to be used as a floater in the batting lineup.
- Steve Smith is coming back from a head injury but he is still a good pick for the grand leagues. He is the most important batsman for RR in the absence of Jos Buttler to hold the innings together in the middle overs. His contributions will go a long way to counter the spin threat of Piyush Chawla and Ravindra Jadeja.
- Shreyas Gopal has prospered into a T20 match-winner since last couple of seasons at Rajasthan Royals. He has a deceptive googly along with a big turning leg-spinner that makes him a lethal customer in T20 cricket. With plenty of right-handers in the mix for CSK, he is a good choice to bet upon today.
Who will win RR vs CSK Today Match Prediction?
As per our Today Match Prediction, Chennai Super Kings are overwhelmingly favourites to win this match against Rajasthan Royals. RR are missing a couple of their key players and will do well to replace them with a winning combination. On the other end, CSK are a well-oiled machine in T20 cricket that keep on producing results with a set formula.