Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana – Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) in Hindi (Free LPG Gas Connection Scheme) 2021 (List, Eligibility List, Online Form, Helpline Number, How to Fill the Form)
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is a big effort to provide LPG connections to all the households in the country. With the help of these schemes, the government is trying to provide LPG connections to at least 5 crore families below the poverty line. Accepting this initiative of the government, the people of the country are trying to know what are the rules of this scheme and how it can be taken advantage of. First of all it is important to know that this scheme has been started for all the below poverty line families enrolled under SECC-2011. This scheme has been launched in many big states of the country like Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Uttarakhand, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh. Therefore, if you belong to these states and have a BPL card, then you can get the benefits of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. The detailed description of this scheme is being given below.
- 1 What is SECC 2011 Data
- 1.1 Purpose of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojana Objectives in hindi)
- 1.2 prime minister Eligibility for Ujjwala Yojana (Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojana Eligibility)
- 1.3 Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojana Required Documents)
- 1.4 How to Apply for Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojana
- 1.5 Budget and Funding of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Budget and Funding
- 1.6 Features of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- 1.7 Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojana Benefits)
- 1.8 Effect of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojana Effects)
- 1.9 Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Helpline Number
- 1.10 Share this:
What is SECC 2011 Data
The full name of SECC is (Socio Economy Caste Census). This is a kind of survey, with the help of which the data of caste difference of the country is revealed. This also confirms that how many people in the country are living below the poverty line. According to these figures, the government starts caste welfare schemes for different sections.
Purpose of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojana Objectives in hindi)
Under this scheme, the government is giving 5 crore LPG connections to below poverty line families in the name of their women. This scheme is to be implemented all over India. Some of the main objectives of this scheme are as follows,
- The government is working by linking this scheme with the empowerment of women, as well as getting them free from the smoke of the stove is also a big objective.
- In rural areas, while cooking food in the stove, women have to fall prey to many diseases due to the smoke of the stove. Under this scheme, the government wants to reduce the deaths due to the use of impure fuel.
- Children also suffer respiratory diseases due to toxic fumes emanating from these chulhas, with the help of this scheme the government will help in getting rid of these diseases also.
prime minister Eligibility for Ujjwala Yojana (Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojana Eligibility)
Following are the qualifications required to avail this scheme,
- As already mentioned that this scheme has been started for the families below the poverty line issued under SECC-2011, so the first qualification is that your name should be included in the list of SECC-2011. needed.
- The applicant of this scheme should be a woman above 18 years of age, who is included in the list of BPL (Below Poverty Line).
- It is mandatory for the applicant to have a bank account in any government bank in the country.
- LPG connection has not been taken under the scheme in the name of any other woman in the applicant’s family.
- The monthly income of the family should not exceed the limit set by the state or central government for the people below the poverty line.
- The applicant should not be a beneficiary of any other scheme run by the government for the same purpose.
Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojana Required Documents)
The necessary documents that have to be submitted along with the application while applying for this scheme are being described below.
- BPL certificate authorized by Panchayat Pradhan or Chairman of any Municipality. (Required)
- BPL Ration Card. (Required)
- Aadhar card or voter card as identity proof. (required)
- Provisional passport size photograph. (required)
- driving license.
- lease agreement.
- Telephone, electricity or water bill.
- Passport Xerox.
- LIC policy.
- Home registration agreement etc.
How to Apply for Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojana
To enroll your name under the Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojana, the KYC application has to be filled and submitted.
- Download application form – While filling this application, the applicant has to fill his name, address, Jan Dhan bank account number etc. you can download this kyc application this link can download from.
- After downloading the form from the above link, fill it properly and contact your nearest LPG distributor.
Budget and Funding of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Budget and Funding
To make this scheme a success, the Government of India has announced a budget of Rs 2000 crores. In the immediate time, the government wants to provide the benefit of this scheme to at least 1.5 crore families. To make this scheme a success, the government has made a total budget of Rs 8000 crore. For this scheme, the government had urged the people of the country to give up their LPG subsidy, accepting this request, a large number of people gave up their LPG subsidy and contributed to the success of the scheme. How to Link Aadhar Card for LPG Subsidy Read here.
Features of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
The entire workload of this scheme is under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Affairs. Its characteristics are being described below.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economy Affairs approved this plan in the year 2016. The members of this committee were the Prime Minister himself.
- The tenure of this scheme is 3 years. Therefore, between the year 2016-17 to the year 2018-19, the government is committed to fulfill all the objectives of this scheme.
- In these three years, the total budget of this scheme 8000 crores will be used by giving LPG connections to a total of 5 crore BPL families. For connection, financial assistance of Rs 1600 will be given to each applicant.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojana Benefits)
The people of the country are getting many benefits from the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, which are related to the purpose of this scheme, its benefits are being given below,
- With this scheme, the below poverty line families get LPG connection very easily. In this way their fuel problem ends.
- Under this scheme, its direct benefit will be given to women. In this way, this scheme is proving very useful for women empowerment as well.
- Earlier coal, wood etc. were used as fuel. Due to this the environment was very polluted and women and children had to face many health related problems. Therefore, the use of LPG will also reduce pollution and many health related problems of children and women will be reduced.
- Under this scheme, LPG supply chain will be constructed, in which employees will be required. Therefore, the youth unemployment problem They will get relief and they will get employment.
- With the help of LPG, food can be prepared in less time, so that women will be able to work in other areas as well.
Effect of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojana Effects)
This scheme has had a deep impact in the Indian rural areas, which are described below.
- LPG connection was seen in very few households in rural areas of India. Even in urban areas, its use was seen only in middle class families. After this scheme, people below the poverty line are getting LPG connection easily.
- According to the report of the World Health Organization, about 5 lakh deaths in India have occurred due to diseases arising from the use of impure fuel only. The death of many young people is also included in this, under which heart related disorders, stroke etc. are major reasons. These problems are being solved with the help of this scheme.
- It is necessary for the applicant to have a bank account for this scheme. Therefore, on the pretext of this scheme, the bank account of people below the poverty line will also be opened.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Helpline Number
You can also use the helpline being run for this scheme to get any kind of specific information or help. That helpline toll free number is 1800 266 6696.
On this toll free number, you can get all the information about the Prime Minister’s Ujjwala Yojana whenever you want.
In this way, this scheme is fulfilling the problems of many areas and is working to provide LPG connections to every household.
The last date of this scheme is 31 March 2019.
Himachal Pradesh government had announced an LPG scheme during its budget, in which the families who have not got the benefit under the Ujjwala scheme, they will be able to take the benefit of free LPG under this scheme. Poor people will be recognized under this scheme. And this scheme has been named Grahini Suvidha Yojana.
Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojana has completed the target of 5 crores ahead of time. The target was kept for 31 May 2019, but this figure has been completed only in August 2018.
Read other plans: