- 0.1 Mushroom Farming Business Plan in India? [Investments, Profit Margin, Cost in detail] How to start mushroom farming Business or cultivation techniques
- 1 What is a mushroom?
- 2 Types of mushroom in India
- 3 Benefits of the mushroom
- 4 Investment requirement for Mushroom farming business
- 5 Place to buy Mushroom seeds online and offline in India
- 6 Materials required for Mushroom farming business
- 7 How to sell mushroom in India
- 8 Mushroom cultivation techniques
- 9 commercial mushroom growing systems
- 10 Mushroom farming process:
- 11 mushroom cultivation precautions
- 12 FAQ
Mushroom Farming Business Plan in India? [Investments, Profit Margin, Cost in detail] How to start mushroom farming Business or cultivation techniques
If you are a farmer and want to open a new business by earning extra money, then mushroom cultivation can be very beneficial for you. Although you have to take a lot of care to get a good yield in it, if you work hard in it, then the profit is also very high. More recently, its cultivation has started in states like Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Rajasthan. Not only this, mushroom cultivation has also started in cold states like Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir. Its demand is very high in the regions of Asia and Africa all over the world.
What is a mushroom?
Mushroom is a kind of plant but still, it is seen like meat. Meaning you cannot call it a herbaceous plant. It contains high amounts of proteins and nutrients such as vitamin D. It is made from fungi and if we talk about its shape, it is almost in the shape of a honeycomb.
Types of mushroom in India
- Button Mushroom(Milky mushroom)
- Dhingri (Oyster) Mushroom
- Paddy Straw Mushroom
- Especially mushroom
According to international scientists, about 10000 varieties of it are present on our earth. But if we look from the point of view of business, then only about 5 varieties of mushroom exist, out of which only 5 varieties are considered good. Whose names are Button Mushroom, Paddy Straw, Specialty Mushroom, Medicine Mushroom, Dhingra, or Oyster Mushroom respectively? Among them, button mushroom is the most liked variety. Sometimes it is also called milky mushroom.
Benefits of the mushroom
- Antioxidants are found in abundance in mushrooms. Among these, ergotheine is special, which is helpful in reducing the signs of aging and reducing weight.
- Mushrooms contain a special nutrient called choline, which works to strengthen muscle activity and your memory.
- Mushrooms contain a very small amount of carbohydrates, due to which the level of blood sugar remains under control. This also maintains balance in weight.
- Mushrooms are also a good source of Vitamin D. Vitamin D is very important for strong bones. Eating mushrooms daily fulfills the required amount of vitamin D in the body for a day.
- Mushrooms are rich in selenium. Selenium acts as an antioxidant in the body. It strengthens the immune system by protecting the body from damage caused by free radicals.
- Mushroom is also considered very beneficial for hair. According to some studies, consumption of mushrooms reduces the chances of getting cancer.
Investment requirement for Mushroom farming business
The project cost of the mushroom business depends on many factors such as-
Cost of construction for room = Rs. 2,00,000
Scrab Wooden Shelves = Rs. 20,000
Miscellaneous Cost= Rs. 10,000
So the Total Cost= Rs. 2,30, 000
Not only that, The total Recurring Costs in Mushroom Farming: Rs. 40,000
and The Total Recurring Expenses For 2 crops (50,000* 2)=1,00, 000
the above figure is the approximate and Average cost that you’ll invest to start your Mushroom business.
Place to buy Mushroom seeds online and offline in India
for Mushroom farming business plan in India, you can buy it online as well as offline.
Online buy Mushroom Seeds
- Buy from Indiamart Website: https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail/button-mushroom-spawn-7623619012.html
- Buy from Government website: https://dmrsolan.icar.gov.in/html/govt_spawnsuppliers.html
Offline buy Mushroom Seeds
- Dr. Y.S. Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, Nauni (HP).
- Deptt. of Plant Pathology, Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar (Haryana).
- Directorate of Horticulture, Mushroom Spawn Laboratory, Kohima.
- Deptt. of Agriculture, Manipur, Imphal.
- Govt. Spawn Production Laboratory, Horticulture Complex, Chhouni Kalan, Hoshiarpur (Pb.).
- Vigyan Samiti, Udaipur (Rajasthan).
- Regional Research Laboratory, CSIR, Srinagar (J&K).
- Deptt. of Agriculture, Lalmandi, Srinagar (J&K).
- Deptt. of Plant Pathology, J.N. Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya, Jabalpur (MP).
- Dept. of Plant Pathology, Assam Agril. University, Jorhat (Assam).
- Regional Hort. Research Station, Dhaulakuan, Sirmaur (HP)
- HPKVV Spawn Lab., Palampur, Kangra (HP)
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra,Nafed Complex, Vill. & Post: Ujwa, Najafgarh, New Delhi – 110 073, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 011-65638199
Mushroom seeds Price
The cost of its seeds is around Rs 75 per kg, which varies according to the brand and variety. That’s why you have to decide first, which type of mushroom you want to grow.
Materials required for Mushroom farming business
Some materials are required to grow the mushrooms as Wooden Mould of 45x30x15 cms size each having no top or bottom but having a separate wooden cover. here is the list of other materials.
- Straw and spawn- the straw that can be chopped up into little pieces.
- Plastic Sheet -pack plastic bags with the straw and spawn
- Wooden mold
- Hand Chopper or Chaff cutter for cutting the straw.
- Drum for boiling straw (minimum two).
- Jute rope, coconut rope, or plastic ropes
- Gunny bags
- Grass or bushels of wheat is also required for it.
also, you can also look into the Dry Fruit Business as well.
How to sell mushroom in India
There is a demand for mushrooms in many places, hotels, pharmaceutical companies etc. come in suitable places to sell it. Apart from this, mushrooms are mostly used in Chinese food. Due to its other beneficial properties, it is also being used in the medical field. Not only this, it is also exported and imported in many countries, that is, there are many areas to sell it.
Mushroom cultivation techniques
You can grow mushrooms only by artificial (chemical process). For this you should have a place on which you can grow mushrooms easily. Mushroom trade has started happening in two ways in our country. If you want, you can start a business by forming a company. Second way- If you have a farm, that means you are a farmer, then you can do it easily, just cover that land like a closed room with the help of wood. Then this business can prove to be a new boon for you.
Small Scale Commercial Mushroom Growing
If you want to keep it limited to making it a source of additional income, then start it on a small scale. Due to this there will be no effect on the work of your main business. As mushroom is grown, it is clear that the scale of your business directly depends on the land. The process of growing other mushrooms is the same, whether done on a small scale or on a large scale.
Investment or cost required for mushroom farming
The amount to be invested in this varies according to your capability and level of business. In this business, you will have to invest money only in making its care and growing place. Apart from this, there will also be an expense for using insecticides. If you start a small business, then you can invest Rs 10000 to Rs 50000. On the other hand, it would be appropriate to invest Rs 1 lakh to Rs 10 lakh for big business.
Raw materials or make of for suitable materials and space
Talking about India, it is grown in wintertime. Because the temperature should be low during its cultivation, along with it, to grow mushrooms, you need wheat and paddy straw. For its protection, you have to buy insecticides and its seeds as well. Mushroom cultivation can also be done in the room. Just you have to keep in mind that it is grown only in moisture. Apart from this, you can also buy many organic-inorganic compounds, nitrogen nutrients, by using this, you get a significant increase in production efficiency.
commercial mushroom growing systems
For mushroom cultivation on a large scale, you have to increase the amount of seeds along with the large space. Meaning the difference is only in the location, cost and purchase of raw materials. The process of growing mushrooms is the same for everyone.
Mushroom farming process:
Mushroom farming at home-you will require room for it. You can also build a shed of wood and start cultivating mushrooms there. All the other steps are the same.
How to make mushroom compost at home
Manure is required for mushroom cultivation, for which you can use wheat or paddy straw. For this you have to make the straw germ-free. So that the germs and impurities present in it are removed. This is done so that there is no obstacle in the growth of mushroom crop and there is no obstruction in the growth of its plant and its properties. You have to mix 1.5 kg formalin and 150 grams babysteine in about 1500 liters of water. In this, both chemicals or pesticides have to be mixed together. After this, 1 quintal, 50 kg wheat straw has to be mixed in this water and mixed well. After that it has to be kept covered for some time. Due to which this manure or straw will become ready for you to grow mushrooms.
The second phase – Mushrooms of sowing (mushroom plantation)
After the first step, spread this straw well outside in the air, this is done so that its moisture can be worked up to 50 percent by bringing it in contact with the air. After this you have to turn the straw again and again. After which it becomes ready for sowing. Taking a polythene bag of 16 by 18, sow it in layers according to the layers, like first straw make seeds on it and make 3-4 layers in the same way. Keep in mind that at the bottom of this bag, make a hole at both the corners, so that the remaining water can drain out, not only this, tie this foil bag tightly. So that there is no room for air anywhere in it. The proportion of its seed or straw must be equal in each layer. Although it is done in Milky Mushroom only. Whereas the technology of mixing is used in Oyster mushroom. Meaning, without layers, the seeds and straw of the mushroom are mixed. After the sowing process is over, some small holes are made in this packet. So that the mushroom plants can come out.
mushroom cultivation precautions
For about 15 days, this crop has to be protected from wind, for which you should completely close the room. Then after 15 days leave this room open or even arrange for a fan. Even you can see the mushroom crop in white color.
How to maintain humidity in mushroom cultivation
To control the humidity, you have to sprinkle water on the walls sometimes, keep in mind that the humidity should be around 70 degrees, after that it is very important for you to pay attention to the room temperature as well. The temperature of about 20 to 30 degrees is suitable for the mushroom crop to grow well.
Mushrooms of the bag to keep the way
To cultivate mushrooms in your room, you have to keep the bag containing the mushrooms in a different way. Either you hang it by tying it with the help of some wood and rope, or in a way, prepare a bed-like network from wood or any metal on which packets of mushrooms can be easily placed.
When and how to harvest
According to experts, its crop is ready for harvesting within a maximum of 30 to 40 days. After that you start seeing its fruit, which you can easily break by hand.
Government subsidies for mushroom cultivation
At present, training is being given to grow mushrooms in Haryana. Not only this, schemes for giving loans have also been made by the government for mushroom cultivation. You can get more information about this scheme through https://www.nabard.org website. You have to make a business proposal and go to the government office. You will have to provide PAN card, Aadhar card, domicile certificate and bank account information there. By doing this you will be given subsidy by the government . If you are a small farmer, then up to 40 percent subsidy will be given on each mushroom fruit bag and up to 20 percent for the common person. If you do not want subsidy in this business, then you do not need to register or register for it.
Mushroom cultivation government training process
Small farmers are being helped by giving them subsidies in this business. Apart from the subsidy, free training facility is also being provided by the government. For which the government has opened many training centers. Where you will be taught about all the techniques of growing mushrooms.
What is the cost of mushroom seeds in India?
Rs.90 to Rs100 per KG
How much investment do you need for a mushroom farm?
You will have to spend Rs 10000 to Rs 50000 on a small scale. For large scale Rs 1, 00,000 TO Rs 10, 00,000 can be your investment.
Which mushroom is best for farming?
Oyster and shiitake mushrooms are best for farming because it is easy to grow and high price and demand.
Is mushroom farming easy?
Cultivation is very simple as long as you are hygienic and patient and also required training before start farming.
What is the most expensive mushroom?
Matsutake mushrooms – Cultivating in JAPAN
How many days mushrooms grow?
Please let us know about your queries , if you wants to start Mushroom Farming Business. Write us in the comments.