KXIP vs BLR Dream11 Prediction: Teams are now settling into their playing XIs and it is time to consolidate their positions in the points table. Kings XI Punjab will take on Royal Challengers Bangalore in Dubai today. Kings XI Punjab are in search of their first points while RCB are coming into this match after a victory against SRH in their first match. We will preview KXIP vs BLR Dream11 contest.
Kings XI Punjab’s super over loss against Delhi Capitals was not without controversies. Many experts have spoken about an umpiring error regarding a short run but the fact of the matter is that they needed only a run from the last 3 balls. They played rash shots and that eventually cost them the match. Bowling first, Mohammad Shami bowled an outstanding spell for them picking up 3 wickets while Sheldon Cottrell picked up two scalps. Chris Jordan proved expansive at the death and conceded 56 runs from his 4 overs. In reply, Mayank Agarwal single-handedly took them closer to the win with an innings of sheer class and temperament. He was dismissed on the penultimate delivery after hitting 89 runs. The match ended in a tie after another wicket on the last ball and KXIP lost the super over after losing both their wickets in 4 balls.
Royal Challengers Bangalore had a winning start to the season against SRH at the same venue. Devdutt Padikkal hit a magnificent half-century on debut to set RCB on their way. Aaron Finch complemented him well while AB de Villiers made things look very easy in the end overs with a cameo of 51 runs from 30 balls. RCB posted 163 runs on the board for their bowlers to defend. After a lucky break with the wicket of David Warner, bowlers struggled to find rhythm as Manish Pandey and Jonny Bairstow jolted a partnership. Yuzvendra Chahal turned the game on its head with a spell of 3 for 18 runs in the middle. Navdeep Saini had another good outing as RCB won comfortably in the end by 10 runs.
In head-to-head comparisons, the scores have been pretty even between these two sides. Both have won 12 games each from 24 matches played between them. In recent history, Royal Challengers Bangalore have been a dominant side with winning 4 out of last 5 matches between them. They have met once at the same venue in 2014 when Kings XI Punjab won the game by 5 wickets.
- 1 Pitch and Conditions
- 2 KXIP vs BLR Dream11 Teams Match Details
- 3 KXIP vs BLR Dream11 Team Prediction
- 4 KXIP vs BLR Dream 11 Prediction Today Cricket Match
- 5 Captain Picks
- 6 Who will win KXIP vs BLR Today Match Prediction?
Pitch and Conditions
The weather will continue to remain clear in Dubai today while a fresh pitch will be in use. There has been a tendency to leave grass on the pitch so far and if that happens again, fast bowlers will be in play with their variations. The surface underneath has always been dry here and you can expect the ball to turn later on. Dew may also play its part during the second innings looking at the earlier matches.
KXIP vs BLR Dream11 Teams Match Details
Fixture name: Kings XI Punjab Vs Royal Challengers Bangalore, Match 6, IPL 2020
Competition: IPL 2020
Date: 24th September 2020
Time: 7:30 PM IST
Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
Head to Head (Last 5 games)
Kings XI Punjab: 01, Royal Challengers Bangalore: 04, NR: 00
Kings XI Punjab: LWLLL
Royal Challengers Bangalore: WWNLW
Last Match at the Venue
Royal Challengers Bangalore (163/5, 20 Overs) beat Sunrisers Hyderabad (153, 19.4 Overs) by 10 runs, 21st September 2020.
KXIP vs BLR Dream11 Team Prediction
Let’s take a look at the squad news and KXIP Vs BLR Dream11 predictions for today’s encounter.
Kings XI Punjab Team News
- After snatching the defeat from the jaws of a win against Delhi Capitals, Kings XI Punjab will think about their balance before going into today’s match.
- We are unlikely to see any changes in the batting lineup today. KL Rahul and last match’s performer Mayank Agarwal will open the batting for KXIP.
- Karun Nair will play at number 3 before the power-hitters Nicholas Pooran and Glenn Maxwell in the middle order. Sarfaraz Khan and all-rounder Krishnappa Gowtham will wrap up the batting department.
- Mohammad Shami and Ravi Bishnoi were excellent in the first match but we can expect a change in overseas options with Mujeeb Ur Rahman is likely to feature in KXIP vs BLR Dream11 Predictions.
KXIP Playing 11 (Probable)
Mujeeb Ur Rahman
Royal Challengers Bangalore Team News
- Royal Challengers Bangalore have been facing an injury or two with their first choice players. If they are fit to go, then we may see some changes to their playing XI.
- Devdutt Padikkal showcased his talent in the first match against Sunrisers Hyderabad. His partner Aaron Finch is a seasoned campaigner and is one of the most travelled T20 cricketers.
- Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers will be again critical to RCB’s chances this year. Josh Phillipe played in the last match but there may be a case of replacing him with Moeen Ali or Chris Morris, fitness permitting of course.
- Shivam Dube and Washington Sundar will remain their all-rounders while there will be some changes to the bowling combination. Navdeep Saini, Dale Steyn and Yuzvendra Chahal are likely to keep their places but Mohammed Siraj may come in place of Umesh Yadav.
BLR Playing 11 (Probable)
AB de Villiers
KXIP vs BLR Dream 11 Prediction Today Cricket Match
WK: KL Rahul
Batsmen: Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers, Devdutt Padikkal, Mayank Agarwal
All-rounders: Glenn Maxwell, Krishnappa Gowtham
Bowlers: Yuzvendra Chahal, Navdeep Saini, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohammad Shami
For last minute changes and updated fantasy team after toss join India Fantasy Telegram channel
For Small Leagues
- AB de Villiers has announced himself to this year’s IPL with a cracking half-century in the first match. He can play any role in T20 cricket and will be looking to make most of his time at this year’s season. He can punish even the best of the bowlers on his days and he is a no-brainer pick because of his consistency.
- Yuzvendra Chahal proved to be a game-changer for RCB in the last match. He landed crucial blows to Sunrisers in the middle overs and took the game by scruff of the neck. His wicket-taking potential in limited overs cricket is second to none.
- KL Rahul didn’t contribute much in the first game but he is a world-class operator in any form of the game. He will be looking to take more responsibility this year with the bat as well as in the field. A wicket-keeper batsman who bats at the top is like a premium in fantasy cricket.
For Grand Leagues
- Devdutt Padikkal can be your dark horse in today’s match. After having an outstanding domestic season last year, he has begun brilliantly here as well with a half-century in the first match. Most bowlers wouldn’t have bowled to him earlier and that may work to his advantage in the initial matches.
- Glenn Maxwell is again a straight-forward pick for the grand leagues with obvious reasons. We all know what he can do with the bat in hand. Although he failed in the first match, but he has recently guided Australia to an improbable series win the UK. His off-spin bowling will also come in handy at some stage of this season.
- Mohammad Shami enjoyed the pace and bounce of wicket in the first match against Delhi Capitals. The uneven nature of the pitches will also help hit-the-deck bowlers like Shami. He generally bowls well when he is high on confidence and should give you important points as a differential choice.
Who will win KXIP vs BLR Today Match Prediction?
As per our Today Match Prediction, Royal Challengers Bangalore are slight favourites to register a win against Kings XI Punjab today. RCB have their issues in the lower order but they should fancy their chances against the death bowling of KXIP. On the other hand, KXIP do have some big names in their batting lineup but they all need to start performing very early in the season.