KOL vs MI Dream11 Prediction: Almost all the teams in IPL have had a hit in the middle this year except for one – Kolkata Knight Riders. We will get to see KKR for the first time this year when they take on Mumbai Indians today in Abu Dhabi. As we have already noticed, there is a very little margin between the teams this year and each point will be crucial to their play-offs fortunes. We will preview KOL vs MI Dream11 contest.
Kolkata Knight Riders have made a couple of very good additions to their squad this year. Most notably, WC winning English skipper Eoin Morgan will strengthen their middle order even more while Pat Cummins will lead the bowling attack. Although the shift to UAE has hampered their plans somewhat but they do have quality spinners in Sunil Narine and Kuldeep Yadav to make an impact here as well. Brendon McCullum will be their head coach this year and he has recently guided TKR to a CPL title.
Mumbai Indians had a rusty start to the IPL season this year as well. They were beaten by Chennai Super Kings even after having an upper hand at various points in the match at the same venue. Batting first, Rohit Sharma and Quinton de Kock gave a brisk start but both fell in the space of couple of balls. Suryakumar Yadav and Saurabh Tiwary had a partnership after that but they lost wickets again when they were just looking to launch. Lower middle order couldn’t get any momentum going as MI were restricted to a total of 162 runs. In bowling, Trent Boult and James Pattinson scalped a couple with the new ball but lack of impact afterwards and poor fielding accounted for them. Ambati Rayudu and Faf du Plessis guided CSK home in the end by 5 wickets.
In head-to-head comparisons, Mumbai Indians have dominated the proceedings to say the least with 19 wins while KKR have managed to sneak out on 6 occasions. That’s one of the most one-sided records in the match-ups between two top sides in IPL. In last 5 matches as well, Mumbai Indians have bagged victories 4 times compared to a solitary win from KKR. Only good thing for KKR is that they have beaten MI in their earlier meeting at the same venue in 2014.
- 1 Pitch and Conditions
- 2 KOL vs MI Dream11 Teams Match Details
- 3 KKR vs MI Dream11 Team Prediction
- 4 KOL vs MI Dream 11 Prediction Today Cricket Match
- 5 Captain Picks
- 6 Who will win KOL vs MI Today Match Prediction?
Pitch and Conditions
As per the first match here, we may see again some grass on the pitch today as well. Curators are doing that on a purpose of keeping these wickets bounded for a long season of IPL. Fast-bowlers should come into play here and long boundaries will also keep spinners interested. The weather is set to remain fair and pleasant for the duration of the match.
KOL vs MI Dream11 Teams Match Details
Fixture name: Kolkata Knight Riders Vs Mumbai Indians, Match 5, IPL 2020
Competition: IPL 2020
Date: 23rd September 2020
Time: 7:30 PM IST
Stadium: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Head to Head (Last 5 games)
Kolkata Knight Riders: 01, Mumbai Indians: 04, Tie: 00
Kolkata Knight Riders: LWWLL
Mumbai Indians: LLWLL
Last Match at the Venue
Mumbai Indians (162/9, 20 Overs) lost to Chennai Super Kings (166/5, 19.2 Overs) by 5 wickets, 19th September 2020.
KKR vs MI Dream11 Team Prediction
Let’s take a look at the squad news and KOL Vs MI Dream11 predictions for today’s encounter.
Kolkata Knight Riders Team News
- Kolkata Knight Riders are looking settled in terms of their batting but they still have some decisions to make in the bowling department.
- Sunil Narine is fit to play and he will open the batting alongside Shubman Gill for KKR. Brendon McCullum has hinted about this pairing in a press conference earlier.
- Nitish Rana will play at no 3 with a role according to the situations. Their middle order of Eoin Morgan, Dinesh Karthik and Andre Russell is arguably the strongest in the competition. If Rahul Tripathi doesn’t play in the top order, then they may look for other options like Rinku Singh at no 7 position.
- In bowling department, Pat Cummins and Kuldeep Yadav are confirmed starters while Kamlesh Nagarkoti is also looking in rhythm from their intra-squad matches. Prasidh Krishna, Sandeep Warrier and Shivam Mavi will be competing for the last spot in playing XI.
KOL Playing 11 (Probable)
Mumbai Indians Team News
- Mumbai Indians will want to shrug off their defeat against Chennai Super Kings in the first match and will try to register first points on the board.
- Rohit Sharma and Quinton de Kock began well but they need to capitalize on their starts going forward. Suryakumar Yadav will be their one-drop batsman.
- Saurabh Tiwary was preferred over Ishan Kishan in the last match and it will be interesting to see if they continue on the same lines again today. Kieron Pollard and Pandya brothers will remain their all-rounders in the XI.
- If Nathan Coulter-Nile is fit, then he will replace James Pattinson while Trent Boult is likely to keep his position intact in KOL vs MI Dream11 today match predictions. Jasprit Bumrah needs to find his groove as soon as possible along with Rahul Chahar on these inconsistent UAE pitches.
MI Playing 11 (Probable)
Quinton de Kock
KOL vs MI Dream 11 Prediction Today Cricket Match
WK: Quinton de Kock
Batsmen: Suryakumar Yadav, Eoin Morgan, Shubman Gill
All-rounders: Hardik Pandya, Andre Russell, Sunil Narine
Bowlers: Trent Boult, Jasprit Bumrah, Rahul Chahar, Kuldeep Yadav
For Small Leagues
- If Andre Russell is playing a T20 match, then there is no way you are allowed to look beyond him to select your captain. He struggled a bit in CPL with his fitness but now he is looking all set to go. If he bowls, all his bowling points will be an added bonus. If you don’t select him and he finds his mojo straight away, then there is a little chance that you will catch up with the rest.
- Ever since Sunil Narine has been given an opportunity as a pinch hitter at the top, his fantasy points scoring potential has leapfrogged to another level. He was reported for a suspected action in CPL but he was cleared later on. He is a smart customer and should use the conditions here to his benefits.
- Quinton de Kock played with great confidence in his short innings against CSK. He played some of the shots which indicated the fact that he was at his flamboyant best. He likes pace on the ball and there will be plenty of that for sure against Kolkata Knight Riders.
For Grand Leagues
- Kuldeep Yadav will be back in action after a very long break. He is a pick based on the potential and conditions for today’s match. Left-arm leg spinners are still very difficult to line up against because they are not usual. Hardik Pandya is not having a very good record against wrist spinners and Kuldeep Yadav will see him as an important match-up.
- Hardik Pandya’s range hitting was on display for a couple of overs against CSK in the first match. One thing is certain from that, he is in great touch and can wreak havoc if he stays for 5-6 overs. He is a perfect choice for the grand leagues as his 50 runs can be much more valuable than the same number of runs from the others.
- Trent Boult can be your differential pick today. He can swing the new ball and Shubman Gill & Sunil Narine will be in his sights early on. One thing is for sure looking at his numbers from different phases: MI need to use him upfront as much as possible because he can be proved expansive as we go late into the innings.
Who will win KOL vs MI Today Match Prediction?
As per our Today Match Predictions, Mumbai Indians will naturally start favourites but we are in for some entertainment today looking at the big-hitting lineups. Head-to-head record is in favor of Mumbai massively but they are yet to win a match in UAE which is quite telling. If Mumbai bowlers don’t get their plans right, they are in for a long evening against this powerful KKR batting.