If an employee’s Date of Exit is not updated in their EPF account then it becomes difficult for them, as they will not able to withdraw their full amount from their PF account and also cannot transfer their PF account from the previous employer to the new employer. Now EPFO has launched an online facility, where employees themselves will be able to update their DOE in their EPF account online, without the involvement of their employers.
Points to Remember
- Employee Aadhar number should be linked with their UAN account and mobile number.
- Employee can update their date of exit in their PF account only after two months of leaving their job or we can say that after two months from the month employer has made the last contribution to the employee PF account.
- In case of employee DOE has been updated wrong in their PF account then it is not possible to correct it online, and then the employee needs to visit the EPFO office for making the changes, as it can only be corrected by the concerned field officer of EPFO, based on the written request of the employer to the office.
- However date of exit cannot be edited after the settlement has been taken.
- Employees will be given the option to mark their DOE to only that month in which their employer has done the last contribution in their PF account. In the case, the employer has defaulted in payment and your date of exit is later, then you have to approach the employer for updating of date.
Steps for Updating Date of Exit in PF Account through Employees
- Visit EPFO Member Portal ( www.epfindia.gov.in )
- Now in the tabs present on the top, expand the Service Tab which is reflecting on the top left side, and click on the ‘For Employees’ option.
- Then click on the ‘Member UAN/Online service (OCS/OTCP)’ under the Service Head.
- Now Employee Login Portal page will get open (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/).
- Then log in by entering your UAN and password, and enter the given captcha.
- Once you Login to your PF account, click on ‘Manage’ and select the ‘Mark Exit’ option from the drop-down.
- After selecting the Mark exit option a new page will get open, now select employment from the drop-down(only that establishment will be shown in the drop-down in which your Date Of Exit is pending)
- Now next page will get open where on the top you will be able to see your Member ID, Establishment Name, and month of employers last contribution in your PF account
- Now click on the select DOE option and mention your date of exit (you will be given the option to mark your DOE for only that month in which your employer has done the last contribution in your pf account, as EPFO consider that it is the same month of leaving your job)
- Now re-enter your Date of Exit and then mention your reason for leaving your job in the Select reason of exit option
- Then tick in the below-given consent and select the Get OTP option.
- You will receive OTP in your registered mobile number, enter the same, and after giving your consent click on Submit button.
- Now finally your date of exit will be updated online, and you can check the same.
- Go to the Member e-Sewa login page, Click on View Option, and select the service history option from the drop-down, where you can check your updated Date of exit.
Now without the involvement of employers, the employee can update their date of exit in EPFO records. Follow the above-mentioned steps for updating your date of exit online.