EPFO is the Employees Provident Fund Organization and it has a retirement scheme in which the employer and the employee contribute their shares known as Employees Provident Fund Scheme. A part of the employee’s salary is contributed to this scheme and it is accumulated until his retirement. After retirement, the employee can claim for the accumulated amount. But if the employee wants to make the final settlement of the funds after his retirement then he has to fill up a form known as Form 19. So, Form 19 in EPFO is filled once the employee leaves his job and he can withdraw his whole funds from his EPF account. This form is usually needed for the final settlement of the EPF account.
Elements of EPFO Form 19
If you are filling the Form 19 then you will have to provide some details for the final settlement. The following details have to be filled in EPFO Form 19:-
- Name of the Member
- Father’s Name or Husband’s Name (for Married Woman)
- Date of Birth
- Name and Address of the Factory/Establishment
- P.F. Account Number or Universal Account Number (UAN)
- Date of Joining the Establishment
- Date of Leaving Service
- Reason for Leaving Service and it can be:-
- Health of Member
- Contraction/Discontinuation of employer’s business
- Other Cause beyond the control of the member/Personal Reasons
- Permanent Account Number (PAN Card Details)
- Full Postal Address
- Mode of Payment
- Savings Bank Account Number
- Name of the Bank
- Address of the Branch
- IFS Code
Finally, you need to have the member’s signature and the employer’s Signature. An advanced stamp receipt has to be filled when you need the payment in the form of a cheque.
Points to Keep in Mind While Filling Form 19
- You can only fill the form 19 after two months from the date of retirement or leaving the job.
- The employee has to provide his registered phone number for the final settlement.
- You can fill the EPFO Form 19 either online or offline at your convenience.
- PAN details are necessary when you are filling this form.
- If you are making an offline settlement then you will have to need the employer’s signature and the seal of the organization.
Steps to Fill the Form 19 in EPFO Online
When you switch your job from one organization to another, the PF account is transferred to that organization. But when you want to close your PF account and want a final settlement then you will have to fill form 19. You can go through the steps below to fill the EPF Form 19 Online:-
- Open the EPFO Member Login Portal and log in to your UAN Account.
- In the Online Services section, click on the Claim (Form-31, 19, & 10C) option.
- Now provide the last 4 digits of your linked bank account and then click on the Verify button.
- Then click on the Yes option to sign the Certificate of Undertaking.
- Open the drop-down menu of the “I want to apply for” section and choose the Only PF Withdrawal (Form-19) option.
- Then a new section of the form will expand where you will have to enter your complete address.
- Mark the Disclaimer and then click on the Get Aadhar OTP link.
- Now you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and then click on the Submit button to submit your application.
- Once you submit your application successfully, a reference number will be generated.
- In 15-20 working days, your withdrawal amount will be deposited into your account.
Pre-Requisites for EPFO Form 19 Online Filling
- Your UAN must be activated at the EPF Member portal.
- The bank account and the PAN should be linked with the Universal Account Number.
- Employee’s Mobile Number should also be linked with the UAN.
- You will not see Form 19 in the withdrawal form if you are not eligible for the final settlement.