Why is Engineers Day or Engineers Day celebrated? Engineer’s day speech, Quotes, Shayari In Hindi mokshamundam Visvesvaraya Biography
Engineer’s Day (Engineers Day) is celebrated on 15 September. This day is the birthday of Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya, who was a great engineer, hence this day was dedicated in the name of Engineers Day to pay tribute to him. He was awarded the Bharat Ratna in 1955 for his successful work as a good engineer. Engineers Day honors all the engineers of the world. The country’s big scientists, engineers did many researches for the development of the country. like Doctors Day celebrated to honor the doctor Goes, Teacher’s Day to honor teachers is celebrated, Children’s Day to honor children It is celebrated, Mother’s Day is celebrated to pay respect to the mother, in the same way, special respect is given to engineers on a day.
In today’s time, there are names of engineers in every field of the world. Engineers have a hand in the progress of the world, no matter what field it is. With the increase of technical knowledge, development of any country takes place. This also brings a change in the attitude of the society. In this way, the world’s development happened very fast in this decade compared to the last decade, the credit goes to the engineers of the world.
For example, if we look at the smart phone kept in our hand and look back and remember its history, then we get a feel of the changes taking place. About 15 years ago, instead of a telephone, mobile phones had come in the hands of people, in which they became even closer to their loved ones through calls and SMS. At the same time, after some time, this mobile phone turned into a smart phone. Came close to you till yesterday. Today the world is in a fist. From talking to loved ones, paying bills, shopping, bank work, many things are possible through a smart phone. And such changes are taking a better form every few minutes, the credit of such development goes to the engineers.
This was only an example. There are many such areas where engineers have shown their feats and made the world travel up to the sky sitting at one place.
- 1 Why We Celebrate Engineer’s Day On 15th September
- 2 mokshamundam Visvesvaraya biography (Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya biography in hindi) –
Why We Celebrate Engineer’s Day On 15th September
- Engineer’s Day is celebrated in the memory of the famous engineer of our country, Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya and this day comes on the birthday of Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya.
- The goal of celebrating this day is to inspire the youth of our country towards engineering career and to appreciate the engineers who have contributed in the upliftment of our country.
Engineer’s Day 2021 Date
In the year 2018, on Engineer’s Day, we will celebrate the 157th birthday celebration of Mokshagundam Visveshya and many types of programs are to be organized by many engineering colleges on this day. In the year 2017, the theme of this day was “Role of Engineers in a Developing India”.
Engineers Day Celebration –
On Engineer’s Day, all the engineers are congratulated. Programs are held in engineering college, office. Nowadays, social media, phone is used the most for promotion. People send messages to each other, poetry poetry is shared. By remembering Visvesvaraya ji, the program is organized.
Engineer’s Day in other regions of the world –
Engineer Day in India is celebrated in the memory of the great engineer and politician Mokshamundam Visvesvaraya, so let’s know his life closely.
mokshamundam Visvesvaraya biography (Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya biography in hindi) –
M Visvesvaraya was one of the great engineers of India, he created modern India and gave a new look to India. His vision and dedication in engineering made some extraordinary contributions to India.
|serial number||life introduction point||Visvesvaraya Biography|
|1.||Full Name||Mokshamundam Visvesvaraya|
|2.||Birth||September 15, 1960|
|3.||birth place||Muddenahalli Village, Kolar District, Karnataka|
|4.||Parents||Venkachamma – Srinivasa Sastri|
|5.||death||14 April 1962|
Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya early life (Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya life history) –
Visvesvaraya was born on 15 September 1860 in the princely state of Mysore, which has become the state of Karnataka today. His father Srinivasa Shastri was a Sanskrit scholar and Ayurvedic physician. His mother Venkachamma was a religious woman. When Visvesvaraya was 15 years old, his father died. He completed his primary school from Chikballapur, and went to Bangalore for further studies. In 1881, Visvesvaraya passed his BA examination from Madras University’s Central College, Bangalore. After this, he got help from the Government of Mysore and he enrolled for engineering in Science College, Poona. In 1883, he came first in LCE and FCE exams. (This exam is like BE today)
Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya Career –
After passing engineering, Visvesvaraya got a job offer from the Bombay government, and he got a job as an assistant engineer in Nashik. As an engineer, he did many wonderful things. He got the supply of water from the Indus river to Sukkur village, as well as started a new irrigation system ‘Block System’. He installed steel doors in the dam, so that the flow of water from the dam could be stopped easily. He played an important role in the construction of Krishnaraja Sagar Dam in Mysore. Many more such works were done by Visvesvaraya, the list of which is endless.
In 1903, a dam was built in the Khadakwasla reservoir of Pune. Its doors were such that it could withstand the pressure of floods, and it did not cause any damage to the dam. After the success of this dam, Tigra Dam in Gwalior and Krishna Raja Sagara (KRS) in Mysore, Karnataka were constructed. Krishna Raja Sagara, built on the Kaveri river, was built by Visvesvaraya under his supervision, after which this dam was inaugurated. When this dam was under construction, it was the largest reservoir in Asia.
In 1906-07, the Government of India sent him to Aden to study water supply and drainage system. The project made by him was successfully implemented in Aden. The entire credit for making Hyderabad City goes to Visvesvaraya ji. He designed a flood protection system there, after which he got his name all over India. He was instrumental in developing a system to protect the Visakhapatnam port from sea erosion.
Visvesvaraya was called the father of modern Mysore State. When he worked with the Government of Mysore, he worked there at Mysore Soap Factory, Parasite Laboratory, Mysore Iron and Steel Factory, Sri Jayachamarajendra Polytechnic Institute, Bangalore Agricultural University, State Bank of Mysore, Century Club, Mysore Chambers of Commerce and University Visvesvaraya College. Of Engineering was established. Along with this, other educational institutions and factories were also established. Visvesvaraya was instrumental in the adoption of the plan for the construction of a road between Tirumala and Tirupati.
Diwan of Mysore –
In 1908, Visvesvaraya took a short break from his work and went on a foreign trip, where he contemplated deeply about the industrial development of the country. After his return from abroad, he served as the Nizam of Hyderabad for a short time. At that time there was a high risk of floods from the Musi river of Hyderabad, then Visvesvaraya ji suggested measures to prevent it. In November 1909, Visvesvaraya ji was made the chief engineer of Mysore state. After this, in 1912, Visvesvaraya ji was made the Dewan of the princely state of Mysore, he remained in this post for seven years. He resigned from this post in 1918.
With the help of King Krishnaraja Wodeyar of Mysore, Visvesvaraya ji did many works in the field of development of Mysore state. Apart from the above mentioned works, he also did many social works. He founded the Government Engineering College in Bangalore in 1917, which was the first government engineering college in the country. Later this college was renamed as University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering. Visvesvaraya ji also established a new railway line in Mysore State. As the Diwan of Mysore, he worked tirelessly for the educational and industrial development of the state.
Visvesvaraya personality –
- M Visvesvaraya ji was a very simple person.
- Who was an idealistic, disciplined person.
- He lived a pure vegetarian and far away from drugs.
- Visvesvaraya ji was very punctual, he was never late even for 1 minute.
- He was always in clean clothes. After meeting him, people were definitely impressed by his dress.
- He used to do every work with perfection. Even before giving the speech, he used to write it and practice it many times.
- He was a very fit person. Even at the age of 92, he used to walk without any support, and was also socially active.
- Work was worship for him, he was very much attached to his work.
- India feels proud today because of many projects started by him, if he had not had such strong faith and will power towards his work, then today India would not have been able to develop so much.
- There was that British state in India, even then Visvesvaraya ji did not let it become an obstacle in the middle of his work, he had removed every obstacle in the development of India from his front.
Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya awards –
- After attaining independence in 1955, Visvesvaraya ji was awarded India’s highest honor ‘Bharat Ratna’.
- Visvesvaraya ji was also honored by the London Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Visvesvaraya ji was also honored by the Indian Institute of Science.
- Visvesvaraya ji is one of the most famous people of Karnataka.
- Apart from this, he was given a doctorate degree by eight different institutes of the country.
- On 100 years of Visvesvaraya ji, the Government of India took out a stamp in his honor.
- Engineer’s Day is celebrated all over India on his birthday.
Visvesvaraya ji died on 14 April 1962.
Engineer’s Day Quotes
- A good engineer is the one who can make bookish knowledge a reality.
- Those who know the correct use of Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V can become a good engineer.
- In childhood, those who are happy by breaking toys, in fact, they can grow up to become an engineer.
- Those who do not care about the sessional marks, in the end they become good engineers.
- Those who forget to come to college in the mid term are called successful engineers.
- One does not become an engineer by sucking the knowledge of books like a bedbug.
- Engineers are made by failure not by success.
- The one who walks up and comes down falling, but then runs up smiling, in fact, he builds his house on the summit.
- Every human being is an engineer, some build houses, some make software, some make machines, some make dreams, and we make them immortal by dipping their stories in ink.
Engineer’s Day Shayari
- who is not afraid to go high
who is not afraid to fall
who is not afraid of exam
he is the real engineer
- who doesn’t cry when the toys break
who is not afraid to fail
how long does the code break
But he doesn’t agree without doing
say someone crazy or a vagabond
This is what Engineer Bachara is
- who laughs when they fail
One who stays awake at night and sleeps during the day
In today’s time called engineer
- All four years that have lived like an animal
who go to college behind the sessional
who stays up all night for number 33
Some aaye naaaye for the examiner who comes by writing
Hey brothers, they can become an engineer one day