Dev Uthani Ekadashi, Prabodhani Gyaras 2021, Tulsi Vivah Significance and Worship Method ( Dev Uthani Gyaras or Prabodhini Ekadashi or Tulsi Vivah date, Katha, Mahtva In Hindi)
Dev Uthani Ekadashi is also known as Prabodhani Ekadashi. It is considered to be a sin-free Ekadashi. All Ekadashi is done to get rid of sins. But the importance of this Ekadashi is considered very high. Devuthani Prabodhani Ekadashi has many more virtues than the merit that one gets by performing Rajasuya Yagya.
Four months before this day, on the day of Dev Shayani Ekadashi, Lord Vishnu and other gods go to sleep in Kshirsagar. For this reason, these days only the works of worship, penance and charity are done. In these four months, no major work like marriage, shaving ceremony, naming ceremony etc. is done. All these works start from Dev Uthni Prabodhani Ekadashi.
The importance of Tulsi marriage also emerges on this day. Tulsi Vivah is organized on this day. In this way, the celebrations of marriage marriage start all over the country.
- 1 When is Dev Uthni Gyaras or Prabodhini Ekadashi celebrated? (Dev Uthani Gyaras, Prabodhini Ekadashi 2021 Date):
- 1.1 Significance of Dev Uthani Gyaras or Prabodhini Ekadashi (Dev Uthani Gyaras Prabodhini Ekadashi Mahatva):
- 1.2 Uthani Gyaras or Prabodhini Ekadashi Vrat Puja Method (Dev Uthani Gyaras Prabodhini Ekadashi Pooja Vidhi):
- 1.3 When is Tulsi Vivah celebrated? (Tulsi Marriage Date):
- 1.4 Significance of Tulsi Vivah (Tulsi Vivah Mahatva):
- 1.5 Tulsi Vivah Katha:
- 1.6 How Tulsi Vivah is done at home? (Tulsi Vivah Puja Vidhi) :
- 1.7 Share this:
When is Dev Uthni Gyaras or Prabodhini Ekadashi celebrated? (Dev Uthani Gyaras, Prabodhini Ekadashi 2021 Date):
Dev Uthni Gyaras or Prabodhini Ekadashi is celebrated on the eleventh day of Shukla Paksha in the month of Kartik. This day comes on the eleventh day of Diwali. All auspicious works start from this day.
In the year 2021, Dev Uthni Gyaras or Prabodhini Ekadashi will be celebrated on 15 November.
Significance of Dev Uthani Gyaras or Prabodhini Ekadashi (Dev Uthani Gyaras Prabodhini Ekadashi Mahatva):
Ekadashi fasting is considered to be the most important in Hindu religion. The reason for this is that on that day the Sun and other planets change their position, which has an effect on the human senses. To maintain balance in these effects, fasting is resorted to. Fasting and meditation develop the quality of being balanced in a person.
- It is called Ekadashi, which destroys sins and gives liberation. It is written in the Puranas that bathing in the Ganges is important before the arrival of this day, the virtue of fasting on this day is considered equivalent to many pilgrimages, thousand Ashwamedha Yagya and hundred Rajasuya Yagya.
- The importance of this day was told by Brahma ji himself to Narad Muni, he had said that by doing Ekashna on this day, one birth, two births by dinner and by observing a complete fast, the sins of the births together are destroyed.
- Many births are saved from this day and the biggest wishes are fulfilled.
- Many generations get heaven posthumously by doing Ratjaga on this day. Awakening has a lot of importance, it makes a person capable of conquering the senses.
- By listening and reading the story of this fast, one gets a virtue equal to donating 100 cows.
- The fruit of any fast is attained only when it is done by following the rules and regulations.
Thus Brahma ji told Narad ji the importance of this Uthni Gyaras or Prabodhini Ekadashi fast and asked him to observe this fast every Kartik month.
Uthani Gyaras or Prabodhini Ekadashi Vrat Puja Method (Dev Uthani Gyaras Prabodhini Ekadashi Pooja Vidhi):
- On this day one should wake up before sunrise and do daily work, bath etc.
- After taking the resolution of fasting before sunrise, after worshiping, offer Ardhya to Lord Surya Dev at sunrise.
- If you go to a river or a well for a bath, then it is considered better.
- Fasting is observed on this day, on the second day the fast is considered complete by worshiping Baras and food is taken.
- Many people dance, sing and recite bhajans on this day.
- On this day, the importance of offering bull leaves, Shami leaves and Tulsi leaves is told.
- Tulsi marriage has significance on the day of Uthni Gyaras or Prabodhini Ekadashi.
When is Tulsi Vivah celebrated? (Tulsi Marriage Date):
This Tulsi marriage is performed on the day of Kartik month Shukla Paksha Gyaras on the day of Dev Uthani Ekadashi, but many people do it on the next day of Dwadashi i.e. Dev Uthani Ekadashi.
In the year 2020, Tulsi Vivah will be done on 15th November.
|1||Dev Uthni Gyaras or Prabodhini Ekadashi||14 November|
|2||Tulsi Vivah||Nov 15|
Significance of Tulsi Vivah (Tulsi Vivah Mahatva):
Tulsi is a beneficial plant that purifies the atmosphere and body and mind. How was the Tulsi plant made and what is the story behind Tulsi marriage? Read more:
Tulsi Vivah Katha:
Tulsi was the wife of the demon Jalandhar, she was a husband and a woman with good qualities, but was unhappy because of her husband’s sins. That’s why he had devoted his mind to Vishnu devotion. The wrath of Jalandhar had increased a lot, due to which Lord Vishnu killed him. After the death of her husband, Pativrata Tulsi became sati by adopting Satidharma. It is said that Tulsi plant was born out of his ashes and it was because of his thoughts and qualities that Tulsi plant became so virtuous. Due to Tulsi’s virtues, Lord Vishnu married her in her next birth. For this reason Tulsi Vivah is celebrated every year.
Thus it is believed that a person who marries Tulsi, he attains salvation. In this way, the importance of Tulsi marriage on the day of Dev Uthni Gyaras or Prabodhini Ekadashi has been told.
How Tulsi Vivah is done at home? (Tulsi Vivah Puja Vidhi) :
- Many people do Tulsi marriage in a big way with the whole method of marriage.
- Many people do Tulsi marriage every year on the day of Kartik Gyaras at home.
- In Hinduism, there is a Tulsi plant in everyone’s house. On this day the pot of the plant or Vriddavan is decorated.
- The idol of Lord Vishnu is installed.
- Mandaps are built all around. Many people decorate the mandap with flowers and sugarcane.
- Tulsi and Vishnu ji are combined and worshiped with complete rituals.
- Many people organize such an event in their homes and call a pandit and complete the whole marriage ceremony.
- Many people complete the ritual of marriage by worshiping and chanting the mantra Om Namo Vasudevaya Namah.
- Celebrations are made by making many types of dishes and new medicine is applied.
- After worshiping with family members, prasad is distributed after performing aarti.
Thus, from this day, the auspicious works that have been closed for four months begin. Donation is also important on the day of Tulsi marriage. Many people get the virtue of donating a girl child by donating Tulsi.
Cow donation is also important in the scriptures on this day. Cow donation is considered equal to the virtue of many pilgrimages.