CSK vs DC Dream11 Prediction: It is still early days in the competition but teams would want to remain in top half of the points table. The main advantage for the early wins will mean that teams aren’t playing catch-up all the time. Chennai Super Kings will take on Delhi Capitals in 3rd match of their campaign before they go into a short break. We will preview CSK vs DC Dream11 contest.
In the last match against Rajasthan Royals, Chennai Super Kings were up against it at Sharjah. Sanju Samson and Steve Smith feasted on CSK bowling with a flat pitch and short boundaries. All the bowlers went for a journey except Deepak Chahar and Sam Curran. Lungi Nagidi and Piyush Chawla were particularly expansive as RR put on a massive 216 runs on the board. In reply, Shane Watson started off briskly but could not convert into a significant score. Only Faf du Plessis was able to bat for long as wickets continued to tumble at the other end. Some late blows from Faf and MS Dhoni meant that CSK made exactly 200 and saved their Net Run Rate for the better.
Delhi Capitals should be high on confidence after winning an improbable match against Kings XI Punjab. Batting first, they were rocked early by some magnificent fast-bowling of Mohammad Shami as they found themselves at 13 for 3. Shreyas Iyer and Rishabh Pant combined for a crucial partnership before Marcus Stoinis applied the finishing touches with a 21-ball half-century. Delhi Capitals posted a very competitive 157 runs on the board. In reply, Kagiso Rabada and Ravichandran Ashwin scalped a couple each to peg KXIP back significantly. But Mayank Agarwal resisted and single-handedly took KXIP to the brinks before Marcus Stoinis defended a solitary run from the last 3 balls. The match ended in a tie and Kagiso Rabada put on a fast-bowling masterclass in the super over to concede only 2 runs. Delhi Capitals won the match comfortably in the one over eliminator.
In head-to-head comparisons, Chennai Super Kings have made it a pretty one-sided affair till now with 15 wins from 21 matches played between them. Delhi Capitals were victorious on 6 occasions from those encounters. CSK have been dominant recently as well by winning 4 out of last 5 matches played between them. Last year, CSK beat DC in the qualifier to reach the final. Delhi Capitals were bowled out for just 84 runs while chasing 177 when both teams met last time here in UAE.
- 1 Pitch and Conditions
- 2 CSK vs DC Dream11 Teams Match Details
- 3 CSK vs DC Dream11 Team Prediction
- 4 Captain Picks
- 5 Who will win CSK vs DC Today Match Prediction?
Pitch and Conditions
The same pitch will be used from the previous match between RCB & KXIP yesterday. The pitch looked better for the batting compared to the last strip. Ball was coming on to the bat nicely and there was some bounce and carry for the fast-bowlers as well. With dew expected to settle in during the second half, captains would still want to bowl first here. The weather will remain clear for the day in Dubai.
CSK vs DC Dream11 Teams Match Details
Fixture name: Chennai Super Kings Vs Delhi Capitals, Match 7, IPL 2020
Competition: IPL 2020
Date: 25th September 2020
Time: 7:30 PM IST
Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
Head to Head (Last 5 games)
Chennai Super Kings: 04, Delhi Capitals: 01, NR: 00
Chennai Super Kings: LWLWL
Delhi Capitals: WLWWL
Last Match at the Venue
Kings XI Punjab (206/3, 20 Overs) beat Royal Challengers Bangalore (109, 17 Overs) by 97 runs, 24th September 2020.
CSK vs DC Dream11 Team Prediction
Let’s take a look at the squad news and CSK Vs DC Dream11 predictions for today’s encounter.
Chennai Super Kings Team News
- Chennai Super Kings have had a mixed start to this year’s IPL so far. After winning the first match against Mumbai Indians, they had to face a defeat against Rajasthan Royals in the next match.
- Ambati Rayudu is still not fit which means that Murli Vijay and Shane Watson will again open the batting for CSK. Faf du Plessis has been magnificent so far at number 3 position.
- Ruturaj Gaikwad should be given enough time to settle himself in the XI while Kedar Jadhav and MS Dhoni will be looking to find their mojo back. Ravindra Jadeja and Sam Curran will remain their floaters in the batting order.
- Piyush Chawla and Lungi Ngidi had a bad day at the office against Rajasthan Royals in the last match. It will be interesting to see how team management goes about the selection with options like Imran Tahir sitting on the bench. Deepak Chahar will keep his place in the XI.
CSK Playing 11 (Probable)
Faf du Plessis
Delhi Capitals Team News
- Delhi Capitals prevailed against Kings XI Punjab with a super over win from nowhere in their opening encounter.
- Prithvi Shaw and Shikhar Dhawan will open the batting for Delhi with Shimron Hetmyer being slotted at no 3 position. Shimron Hetmyer will look to make the most of the opportunities this year and he would be disappointed with his effort in the first game.
- Rishabh Pant and Shreyas Iyer are their solid middle order options while Marcus Stoinis proved his worth in the last match. Axar Patel will be their spin bowling all-rounder and provides them a left-handed option if needed at the death.
- Ravichandran Ashwin is hopeful of playing today while Sandeep Lamichhane can be an option in place of Anrich Nortje. Kagiso Rabada and Mohit Sharma will keep their spots in CSK vs DC Dream11 Predictions.
DC Playing 11 (Probable)
CSK vs DC Dream 11 Prediction Today Cricket Match
WK: Rishabh Pant, MS Dhoni
Batsmen: Shreyas Iyer, Shimron Hetmyer, Shane Watson, Faf du Plessis
All-rounders: Marcus Stoinis, Sam Curran
Bowlers: Ravichandran Ashwin, Kagiso Rabada, Deepak Chahar
For last minute changes and updated fantasy team after toss join India Fantasy Telegram channel
For Small Leagues
- Faf du Plessis is the most in-form batsman from Chennai Super Kings. He guided his team to a win in the first match against MI with 58* while played a lone hand of 72 runs against the Royals in a losing course. Clearly, he can be a best pick from CSK due to his consistency.
- Sam Curran has always been an effective cricketer in every form of the game. He has taken a total of 4 scalps in first two matches and also remained economical. Being a left-hander in the XI, he will often get promotions in the batting lineup and he has already played a couple of cameos with the bat.
- Rishabh Pant is the X-factor that everyone wouldn’t want to miss out on. His range hitting on the on-side is quite extraordinary. Yes, he has his issues at international level but he is much more valuable at IPL. Another advantage would be of higher boundary percentage which may give you more points scoring potential compared to others.
For Grand Leagues
- Shane Watson can be your bet from CSK for the grand leagues. Although he hasn’t registered any significant contributions but he showed some glimpses of coming back into form in the last match. Team management would want a lot more consistency from him but you can still risk him in the grand leagues as a differential pick.
- Marcus Stoinis almost carried Delhi Capitals to a win in their last match against KXIP. Coming into bat in a dire situation, he hit a quick-fire half-century and in bowling, he defended a run from last 3 balls to force the match to a super-over. He will be a popular choice today after this performance but he has a weakness in his game against left-arm spinners. His match-up against Ravindra Jadeja will be an important one.
- Kagiso Rabada has kicked off this IPL in a brilliant fashion against KXIP. These are the kinds of pitches where Kagiso Rabada would enjoy it the most. He bends his back into the delivery and unevenness in the surface will make it very difficult for the batters to get under the delivery.
Who will win CSK vs DC Today Match Prediction?
As per our Today Match Predictions, Delhi Capitals look a better unit overall on paper compared to Chennai Super Kings. If Delhi Capitals play to their abilities, they should win this game but you can’t take anything for granted against this Chennai outfit. They have always punched above their weights and Delhi will still have to play their best cricket to take two points this evening.