Rajat Sharma’s biography, family, children, salary ( Rajat Sharma, wife, net worth in hindi biography)
Rajat Sharma is a very big name in Hindi journalism, he made his own identity among the people of India through his different style of journalism. His show “Aap Ki Adalat” was very much appreciated among the people, in which he interviewed the big personalities of the country. Rajat Sharma is working as ‘Editor in Chief’ of India TV. Before joining TV journalism, he also did a very good job in print media. Before foraying into TV, he also did a good job as editor of ‘Onlooker’, ‘Sunday Observer’ and ‘The Daily’. Rajat Sharma achieved very big things on the strength of his hard work, in the immediate time he is the President of ‘The News Broadcasters Association of India’ and Vice President of ‘Strategic Affairs of the Indian Broadcasting Foundation’.
- 1 Rajat Sharma Short Biography
- 1.1 Birth and family of Rajat Sharma ( Rajat Sharma Family information)
- 1.2 Rajat Sharma Education
- 1.3 Career of Rajat Sharma
- 1.4 Aap Ki Adalat Show information
- 1.5 Rajat Sharma Net Worth
- 1.6 Awards
- 1.7 Interesting Facts related to Rajat Sharma
- 1.8 Controversy and critics of Rajat Sharma:
- 1.9 Share this:
Rajat Sharma Short Biography
|Date of birth||18 February 1957|
|Birth Place||Sabzi Mandi, Delhi|
|language knowledge||Hindi, English|
Birth and family of Rajat Sharma ( Rajat Sharma Family information)
- Rajat Sharma was born in Delhi, lived with his six brothers, one sister and parents in Sabzi Mandi, Delhi.
- His early life was very poor, the house where he and his family lived was only around 100 square feet.
- During this time there was neither electricity nor water in his house. Because of this, every day was full of tests for him and his family.
- He married TV producer Ritu Dhawan, apart from this, no information is available in his house regarding his mother, father and children.
Rajat Sharma Education
- Rajat Sharma’s education started from Sanatan Dharma Middle School, due to childhood being full of poverty, he had to do his studies in the light of lamp post of Sabzi Mandi railway station.
- Later he joined Ramjas School in Karol Bagh, he used to walk from his home to school. He completed his graduation from Shri Ram College of Commerce.
- Shri Arun Jaitley, the then Finance Minister of India He was a senior in college and he helped him financially to pay the fees. Apart from this, Arun Jaitley is among his close friends, who helped him ideologically many times.
Career of Rajat Sharma
- Rajat Sharma started his career as a trainee reporter in the fortnightly magazine Onlooker in the year 1982. He received a total of Rs 300 for his first article in Onlooker, which was the first earning of his career.
- On the strength of his hard work, he got the post of ‘Chief of Bureau’ of Onlooker in 1984 and editor in 1985 within two years.
- After this, in the year 1987, he took over as the editor of ‘Sunday Observer’, where he worked for two years. After this, in the year 1989, he started working as the editor of ‘The Daily’, where he did the editing work till the year 1992.
- After working in these places, he started ‘Aap Ki Adalat’, which was a very successful program. Its first episode aired on 14 March 1993.
- In the year 2004, along with many other journalist colleagues, he launched ‘India TV’. This channel got a lot of prosperity due to its serious news.
- At present, he is working in this news channel, along with ‘Aapki Adalat’, he is also seen in the prime time show ‘Aaj Ki Baat’.
Aap Ki Adalat Show information
- ‘Aapki Adalat’ was conceived by Rajat, Dr. Subhash Chandra and Gulshan Grover, in which Rajat Sharma questions the interviewer as a lawyer.
- In the year 1997, along with his wife, he established his own production house ‘Independent News Service’ (INS), through which ‘India News’ was launched.
- First interview in ‘Aapki Adalat’ Lalu Prasad Yadav was taken, followed by writers Khushwant Singh, TN Seshan, Kapil Dev Many more people were interviewed. The show has now entered its twenty-fifth year, during which more than a thousand well-known personalities have participated in it.
Rajat Sharma Net Worth
Rajat Sharma got very good results of his hard work from India TV which started in the year 2004. After four years of hard work, the total revenue growth of the channel has become 120 percent. The TRP of his channel remained with the shows he did and he got a lot of profit. He currently has a net worth of about $15 million.
He won many honors during his journalism, formally he was awarded ‘Tarun Kranti Samman’ on 23 August 2014. In the year 2015, he was also awarded the ‘Padma Bhushan Award’ by the Government of India in the field of ‘Literature and Education’.
Being an interesting journey, many interesting things are associated with Rajat Sharma which are as follows:
- Rajat Sharma started working as a researcher after completing his M.Com degree. Seeing his talent, Janardan Thakur encouraged him to write in magazines.
- Rajat Sharma also took part in the J.P. Andolan. Leader Jayaprakash Narayan Also met. He was arrested during the Emergency and was kept in Tihar Jail for 11 months during this period.
- At the time when Vijay Goel was elected as the President (President) in the Delhi University elections, Rajat Sharma was elected as the General Secretary at the same time.
- Rajat Sharma created a history by broadcasting India’s first private television news bulletin. Through satellite, this channel was broadcast in Asia, Europe and North America.
Controversy and critics of Rajat Sharma:
Rajat Sharma was a very active worker of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh during his youth. For this reason, he is often seen openly supporting the Bharatiya Janata Party and its agenda. As a result, many times they have to face criticism. Many other established journalists and intellectuals were on him in the immediate period. Narendra Modi Alleged to be associated with the agenda of