Biography of Ramnath Kovind | Ram Nath Kovind Biography in Hindi (14th President of India)
Today i.e. on July 20, 2017, Ram Nath Kovind was elected the 14th President of the country. Their swearing-in ceremony has been fixed for 25 July 2017. On 19 June 2017, Amit Shah, the President of the country’s ruling political party BJP, named him as the one to be held on 17 July 2017. the presidential election of India It was suggested by the National Democratic Alliance for Ramnath Kovind was the governor of Bihar state at that time, but before that, he was the leader of the ruling party of the country, Bharatiya Janata Party. His political journey can be seen passing through many turns. He has participated in the country in various roles. While working as a social worker, a lawyer, and a Rajya Sabha MP, he tried to benefit the people of the weaker sections in every way. He also played an important role in politics and worked in many positions while in the Rajya Sabha.
- 1 Biography of Ramnath Kovind
Biography of Ramnath Kovind
Ramnath Kovind born and his family
Ramnath Kovind was born on 1 October 1945 in Derapur Tehsil of Kanpur. His father’s name is Late Maiku Lal and his mother’s name is Late Kalavati. His wife’s name is Savita Kovind.
Ramnath Kovind education
Ramnath Kovind obtained B.Com and LLB degree while studying. He obtained this degree from Kanpur University. After completing his law studies from Kanpur, he went to Delhi. In Delhi, he tried to take out the IAS exam, but in this attempt, he failed. Even after failing twice in the beginning, he did not give up and again took the IAS entrance exam for the third time. This time he was successful, although he did not get the IAS post. He did not do the job and instead of working, it was considered right to practice law.
Ramnath Kovind Career (Ramnath Kovind career)
Ramnath Kovind obtained the degree of LLB, so he also tried his career in advocacy and proved to be a proficient lawyer. His career can be seen in two parts.
A career in Advocacy:
While practicing he practiced in Delhi High Court. Here he worked as a lawyer for the central government. His tenure in the Delhi High Court was from 1977 to 1979. From 1980 to 1993, he also practiced in the Supreme Court on behalf of the Standing Council of the Central Government. Supreme Court Judge Selection Process Read here.
In the month of April 1994, he was appointed as a Rajya Sabha MP from Uttar Pradesh. On the strength of his efficient efficiency, he got the post of Rajya Sabha MP for 2 consecutive times this year. In this way, his tenure in Rajya Sabha lasted for 12 years i.e. till 2006.
Ramnath Kovind works
The specific posts on which he worked in the Rajya Sabha during his tenure as a Rajya Sabha MP are as follows,
- Scheduled Castes and Tribes Parliamentary Committee.
- Home Affairs Parliamentary Committee
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Perlintry Committee
- Social Justice and Empowerment Parliamentary Committee
- Law and Justice Parliamentary Committee
- Rajya Sabha Chairman
Apart from the above-mentioned specific posts, Shri Ramnath Kovind also got the opportunity to work on many other important posts. Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar also worked as a member of the Management Board of the University. He also worked as a member of the board of the Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata. Apart from this, he represented India in the United Nations General Assembly in October 2002.
He did a lot of work for the people of the previous section of the society. Mainly some are as follows –
- She started working for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Minorities, Women from her college days. Due to his public service from his student days, many people understood him very soon.
- Took many big steps to spread education in society. While working as a Rajya Sabha MP for his 12 years, he laid special emphasis on spreading education among the earlier sections.
- During advocacy, many free facilities available legally for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and women were delivered. Due to his efforts, an organization like ‘Free Legal Aid Society’ could come into existence in Delhi.
- He donated his ancestral house in Kanpur to his villagers, which is now used as a procession house.
- In view of their deep penetration among Dalits, Shri Rajnath Singh took their help for campaigning in the Dalit areas of Uttar Pradesh in the year 2012 Uttar Pradesh elections.
Ram Nath Kovind takes over as President
The term of the then President of India Pranab Mukherjee is going to end on 24 July 2017. The next day on 25 July 2017, Ram Nath Kovind will take oath as the 14th President of India. Ramnath Kovind won by 7,02,044 votes out of the total votes cast of 10,09,358 after the last counting of votes on 20 July 2017. While his rival and former Speaker of Lok Sabha Meena Kumar got only 3,67,314 votes.
In this way, Shri Ramnath Kovind, while working on all his posts, did not forget those sections of the country, which have not yet come on the path of development properly. Now his President’s term will start from July 25, 2017.
Read more –