In this post, we cover the best Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) for Dhaka, explain how to use them, and explore why they’re so important to use in Bangladesh.
Surfing the web in Dhaka can be a frustrating experience. Chances are you’ve encountered websites and services that are region-locked, be it a news site or a streaming service such as Netflix. However, there is also a level of censorship in Bangladesh, particularly of those who are critical of the government. In some cases, this has even led to arrests.
Using a VPN encrypts your internet traffic, keeping you safe from hackers and snoopers alike. The traffic is also routed to a VPN server in the location of your choosing. This may be close to home or on the other side of the world — it’s up to you! Once connected, you’re assigned a new (but temporary) IP address. This is what makes it look as if you’re browsing from another location, allowing you to bypass country-wide censorship or streaming restrictions.
You can find reviews of each of the best VPNs for Dhaka further below. First, here’s a quick rundown of each in the event you need to make a quick decision:
- NordVPN: The best VPN for Dhaka. Large server network and fast speeds. Privacy protection with a no-logs policy and Double VPN servers. Live chat and email support, 24/7. Comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: Best value VPN for Dhaka. Fastest speeds for streaming and torrenting. Connect all of your devices at once. MultiHop servers for increased security. 24/7 support and a no-logs policy.
- ExpressVPN: Servers in 94 countries including Bangladesh. Very fast speeds. Beginner-friendly apps and 24/7 support. Secure with encryption. No identifying logs.
- CyberGhost: Approximately 7,000 servers worldwide. Over a dozen in Dhaka. No bandwidth throttling. Use on 7 devices at once. Strict no-logs policy. 24/7 support.
- IPVanish: Unlimited simultaneous connections. Good speeds and no throttling. Unblocks Netflix US. Provides 24/7 support and operates a zero-logs policy.
- PrivateVPN: Fast server speeds and strong unblocking. Use it with Netflix and BBC iPlayer. No-logs service with easy-to-use apps. Option to pay anonymously in Bitcoin.
- Hotspot Shield: Servers in Bangladesh. Good speeds and unlimited bandwidth. Secure thanks to encryption and auto wifi protection. 24/7 support is also available.
- 1 Best VPNs for Dhaka
- 2 How to use a VPN in Dhaka
- 3 Methodology: How we found the best VPNs for Dhaka
- 4 Best VPNs for Dhaka: FAQs
- 5 Why do I need a VPN in Dhaka?
- 6 Can I use a free VPN in Dhaka?
- 7 Are VPNs legal in Bangladesh?
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK-FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30 day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Dhaka with no restrictions for a month. This is plenty of time if you happen to be traveling to Bangladesh for just a few weeks.
There are no hidden terms – just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn’t right for you and you’ll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
You may be wondering how we came up with our list of the best VPNs for Dhaka. We go into more detail on our testing process below but in short; in order to be selected, a VPN had to fulfil the following key criteria:
- Servers in dozens of countries worldwide
- Fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth for uninterrupted streaming
- Uses high-end encryption to secure your data
- Live chat and email support around the clock
- No-logs policy so you can browse anonymously
- Allows a minimum of five simultaneous connections
Best VPNs for Dhaka
Here’s our list of the best VPNs for Dhaka:
NordVPN is our #1 choice for users in Dhaka. This established VPN service has as many as 5,000+ servers in 60 countries worldwide. As such, it’s well placed to unblock many popular websites and services, be it Netflix or Skype. With an average download speed of 115 Mbps in our most recent testing, NordVPN is one of the faster VPNs on the market. This is in part thanks to the April 2020 implementation of its NordLynx protocol, an adaptation of the open-source WireGuard protocol.
With this VPN, you have the option of connecting to three types of specialty servers: P2P, Double VPN, or Onion Over VPN. The latter two security-oriented options are particularly useful in Bangladesh — a country in which the rights of internet users can be violated. Further security features include 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and protection from DNS and IPv6 leaks. NordVPN also operates a strict no-logs policy. If you need help, you can take advantage of 24/7 live chat and email support.
Secure up to six of your devices at once via NordVPN’s apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. While Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also available, you’ll need to manually configure it to work with your wireless router.
- Network of 5,000+ servers in dozens of countries
- Some of the fastest speeds of any VPN tested
- Reliable unblocking — works well with popular streaming services
- Connect to specialty P2P and Double VPN servers
- Strict no-logs policy ensures your privacy is protected
- Includes live chat and email support, available 24/7
- Suffered a data breach in 2018
BEST VPN FOR DHAKA:NordVPN is our top pick. Over 5,000 servers in 60 countries. Fast, unthrottled speeds and reliable unblocking. P2P and Double VPN servers available. No-logs service with encryption and 24/7 support. Thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee, you can try out NordVPN risk-free.
Read our full NordVPN review.
SAVE 72% + 3 months free
Get Deal >
Discount applied automatically
Surfshark is our top budget pick. Its growing network of servers now stands at over 3,000 in 65 countries — far more than most VPNs. If you happen to encounter any geo-blocked or government-censored content in Dhaka, Surfshark will more than likely let you bypass said restrictions. For example, this VPN works in China and unblocks more than 30 different Netflix libraries. Averaging 207 Mbps in our speed tests, this also happens to be the fastest VPN listed.
With Surfshark, you can connect an unlimited number of devices simultaneously. You also have access to MultiHop (Double VPN) servers for extra security. All of your data is kept private thanks to Surfshark’s strict no-logs policy. There’s also 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and a NoBorders mode that’s specifically designed for use in countries with strict online censorship. Should you need any help setting up, you can always get in touch with the 24/7 support via live chat or email.
Connect to a Surfshark server via its apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV. Browser extensions are available to download for Chrome and Firefox. This VPN can also be configured to work with compatible wireless routers.
- Connect an unlimited number of devices per account
- Unblocks over 30 different Netflix libraries
- Fastest VPN listed in this post — ideal for streaming
- MultiHop servers encrypt data twice for enhanced security
- 24/7 support via live chat and email
- Sometimes slow to connect to servers
- Customer support could be improved
BEST VALUE VPN:Surfshark is the fastest VPN for Dhaka. This affordable service has strong unblocking ability and allows unlimited simultaneous connections. MultiHop servers for an extra layer of security. 24/7 support. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Surfshark review.
SAVE 81% on a 2-year plan
Get Deal >
Discount applied automatically
ExpressVPN has servers in more countries than any other VPN in this list. Overall, there are over 3,000 servers in 94 countries including Bangladesh. This makes it highly suitable not only for using while in Dhaka but also for browsing with a Bangladesh IP address when traveling abroad. With this VPN you can expect speeds of 135 Mbps while unlimited bandwidth allows non-stop streaming and torrenting. ExpressVPN unblocks popular streaming services such as Netflix.
With an ExpressVPN account, you can secure up to five of your devices at the same time. Headquartered in the British Virgin Islands, ExpressVPN isn’t subject to mandatory data retention laws and doesn’t keep logs by which you can be identified. All data is secured with 256-bit AES encryption. A kill switch and DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection are also available. Live chat and email support is available 24/7 and the apps are particularly beginner-friendly.
ExpressVPN apps can be found for desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux) and mobile (Android and iOS), as well as Amazon Fire TV and Android TV. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also available, as is custom router firmware complete with interactive router setup guide.
- Servers in 94 countries including Bangladesh
- Fast server speeds for non-stop streaming and torrenting
- High level of security thanks to encryption and a kill switch
- Live chat and email support are available 24/7
- Doesn’t keep any logs by which you can be identified
- More expensive than most rival VPNs
- Limited advanced options for power users
SPEED AND SECURITY:ExpressVPN has servers in 94 countries, Bangladesh included. High-speed connections and powerful unblocking. 24/7 support and user-friendly apps. No identifying logs so you can browse anonymously. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
SPECIAL OFFER: 49% off plus 3 months Free!
Get Deal >
Coupon applied automatically
CyberGhost has an impressive network consists of almost 7,000 servers in over 90 countries. This includes over a dozen servers in Dhaka, which means you can continue to enjoy the security benefits of a VPN while accessing your usual services abroad. You’ll even be able to access Netflix US — a streaming service that’s notoriously tricky to unblock. Best of all, thanks to CyberGhost’s unlimited bandwidth and high speeds, you shouldn’t notice any lag or buffering.
Once signed up with CyberGhost, you can connect up to seven of your devices at once. You’ll also have access to the company’s full range of security applications which now includes a password manager. A no-logs service, CyberGhost secures internet traffic with 256-bit AES encryption. Aside from a kill switch, it also provides protection from DNS and IPv6 leaks, ads, trackers, and malware. Customer support can be contacted 24 hours per day via live chat and email.
To use CyberGhost, simply sign up and download an app for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Android TV, or Amazon Fire TV. If you prefer, you can use a browser extension for Chrome or Firefox. Manual configuration is required for use with compatible wifi routers.
- Huge network of approximately 7,000 servers in 90 countries
- Unlimited bandwidth so you can stream as much as you like
- Can be used on up to seven devices at the same time
- Lots of security features including a new password manager
- Strict no-logs policy so you can stay anonymous online
- Doesn’t work reliably in China
- May not be customizable enough for advanced users
SERVERS IN DHAKA:CyberGhost has nearly 7,000 servers in over 90 countries. This includes servers in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Unlimited bandwidth and unblocks Netflix US. Use it on up to seven devices. No-logs VPN with 24/7 support. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
SAVE 83% and Get 2 Months FREE on the 2 year plan
Get Deal >
Discount applied automatically
IPVanish has recently expanded its server network, taking its total to around 1,900 servers in over 75 locations worldwide. This includes servers in countries such as the US, the UK, Australia, and Japan. With WireGuard support coming in the near future, this VPN will also be getting faster — great news if you plan to use it for streaming and torrenting. Indeed, IPVanish already has unlimited bandwidth so you can use it as much as you want.
This is a particularly good option if you have multiple devices to secure or plan on sharing your VPN with family members. That’s because you can connect an unlimited number of devices simultaneously with IPVanish. When it comes to security, you can expect 256-bit AES encryption, OpenVPN obfuscation, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and a kill switch. It has a zero-logs policy which means your VPN use stays private at all times. Live chat and email support are also available 24/7.
IPVanish apps are available for the following operating systems: Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. There’s also an app for Amazon Fire TV. If you’d like to use it with Linux or your wireless router, you’ll need to follow the manual instructions provided by IPVanish.
- Secure an unlimited number of devices simultaneously
- Good, consistent speeds for streaming and torrenting
- Uses high-end encryption to keep your data secure
- Includes 24/7 support via live chat and email
- Headquartered in the US (a Five Eyes member)
- Doesn’t offer any anonymous payment options
UNLIMITED DEVICES:IPVanish lets you secure all of your devices at the same time. Growing network of servers and good speeds for streaming and torrenting. 24/7 support and operates a no-logs policy to protect your privacy. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full IPVanish review.
SAVE 65% on a one-year plan
Get Deal >
Discount applied automatically
PrivateVPN provides a smaller network of just over 200 servers. However, these are located in more than 60 countries. The main advantages of this particular VPN are its fast, unthrottled speeds and consistent unblocking of streaming services. In particular, PrivateVPN works well with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer. Further, this VPN lets you connect up to six of your devices at the same time.
Interestingly, while many VPNs rent their servers, PrivateVPN owns all of its servers as well as the network equipment. This provides it with greater control and reduces the risk of interference from third parties. A strict no-logs policy and the option to pay in Bitcoin makes PrivateVPN a strong choice if you’re seeking online anonymity. 256-bit AES encryption, a stealth mode, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and a kill switch further safeguard your security. Live chat and email support are available most hours of the day.
You’ll find PrivateVPN apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. Manual setup is necessary for use with Linux as well as compatible routers.
- Very fast, consistent speeds for non-stop streaming
- Reliable unblocking of Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and more
- Beginner-friendly apps and live chat and email support
- Maintain anonymity thanks to its strict no-logs policy
- Smaller network of just 200 servers
- No browser extensions available
- Kill switch only on Windows app
UNBLOCKS NETFLIX:PrivateVPN works with many popular streaming services while fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth mean little to no lag or buffering. Up to six simultaneous connections per account. Strict no-logs policy. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Save 82% on the annual plan + 12 months extra FREE!
Get Deal >
Discount applied automatically
Hotspot Shield is one of very few VPNs that offers servers in Bangladesh. In fact, it has around 1,800+ servers in 80 countries. With it, you can watch Amazon Prime Video and Hulu whether you’re in Dhaka or traveling abroad. Streaming should be stress-free thanks to this VPN’s unlimited bandwidth and low impact on your speeds. Once signed up with Hotspot Shield, you can connect a maximum of five devices simultaneously.
The user-friendly apps of Hotspot Shield are a big plus if you’re new to using a VPN. Further, live chat and email support are offered around the clock. Aside from keeping no identifying logs of its users, Hotspot Shield secures data with 256-bit AES encryption. Over time, it has added further security features including a kill switch and automatic wifi protection (particularly useful if you’re connecting to public wifi hotspots).
If you’d like to use Hotspot Shield while in Dhaka, download an app for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, or Android TV. Alternatively, there’s a browser extension for Chrome. Manual setup is required to use it with Linux or your wireless router.
- Servers in 80 countries including Bangladesh
- Works well with Amazon Prime Video and Hulu
- Live chat and email support 24 hours a day
- Extras include a password manager and spam call blocker
- No browser extension for Firefox
- No live chat suppiort
WIFI PROTECTION:Hotspot Shield has servers in 80 countries including Dhaka. Good, consistent speeds for streaming Amazon Prime Video. 24/7 support. No identifying logs and offers automatic wifi protection and a password manager. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Hotspot Shield review.
Hotspot Shield Coupon
Special Deal – save 77% on the 3 year plan
Get Deal >
Discount applied automatically
How to use a VPN in Dhaka
You may be a little apprehensive if you’re using a VPN for the first time. The good news is that all of the best VPNs for Dhaka provide beginner-friendly apps and 24/7 support.
Here’s how you can use a VPN in Dhaka:
- Start by signing up with one of the VPNs listed in this post. As you can see, we particularly recommend NordVPN.
- Next, you should download and install the app that’s compatible with your device. Many of the above VPNs also offer browser extensions.
- Open the VPN app and connect to a server in your preferred country. For example, connecting to a server in Bangladesh gives you a Bangladesh IP address.
- Go to the website or service that was restricted — it should now be available in your location!
- If you’re having trouble, be sure to clear your browser’s cookies. Another option is to try another server. Otherwise, get in touch with your VPN’s customer support who should be able to provide further assistance.
Methodology: How we found the best VPNs for Dhaka
There are plenty of factors to take into consideration when choosing a VPN. In the case of using a VPN in Dhaka, we know that you need one that offers plenty of servers for bypassing restrictions as well as a high level of privacy protection. Below, we detail some of our methodology for finding the best VPNs for Dhaka (as well as the best VPNs for Bangladesh):
- Servers worldwide: Due to restrictions related to geography and government censorship, a VPN for Dhaka should offer servers in countries around the globe. This makes it easier for you to bypass restrictions. All of the VPNs recommended above offer servers in dozens of countries.
- Speed: You don’t want to be limited to just browsing. However, slow VPNs do just this. Fortunately, the best VPNs for Dhaka provide fast server speeds so you can also stream and torrent. Note also that they include unlimited bandwidth which means there’s no limit to how often you can do these things.
- Unblocking: While it’s great to have servers in many locations, it’s not quite as impressive if they don’t unblock restricted content! We test VPNs with many popular websites and services for ourselves to ensure they work flawlessly. Indeed, most of the VPNs in this post bypass even the toughest restrictions such as those of Netflix!
- Security: Strong security is important regardless of location. A VPN should use high-end encryption to secure all internet traffic from hackers and snoopers alike. It also helps if there are further security features, be it automatic wifi protection or even Double VPN servers which provide an extra layer of encryption.
- Privacy: Due to some of the privacy concerns surrounding internet use in Bangladesh, it doesn’t hurt to use a VPN that operates a no-logs policy! This means that nobody has access to your browsing data but you. Unfortunately, not all VPNs protect your privacy. That’s why we’ve analysed over 140 VPN logging policies.
- Ease of use: A VPN should allow you to connect to a server or adjust your preferences in a matter of seconds. After all, it’s possible this is your first time using a VPN so the less complications, the better! Look also for live chat and email support, ideally available 24 hours a day.
- Value for money: Free VPNs are slow and unsecure. In fact, we’ve found that even some of the most expensive VPNs are lacking in features. For this reason, we’ve tried to find those VPNs that strike a balance, offering you the best bang for your buck. By taking advantage of our VPN discount coupons you can save even more!
In order to provide you with accurate and up-to-date information regarding a VPN’s speed or security, we need to test it for ourselves! Our VPN testing methodology sees us analyze all areas of a VPN from your perspective. This helps us separate fact from fiction so you can make a more informed decision.
Best VPNs for Dhaka: FAQs
Why do I need a VPN in Dhaka?
There’s limited internet freedom in Bangladesh, particularly amid the COVID-19 pandemic. This has seen the government look to block websites and arrest users critical of its response. As such, it’s important to have a VPN in Dhaka (or indeed anywhere in Bangladesh) so you can continue to unblock and access all online content as normal without the risk of persecution.
It’s also worth noting that the lack of a data privacy law in Bangladesh leaves internet users vulnerable to surveillance. However, a quality VPN encrypts your data and doesn’t keep any logs by which you can be identified. This means you can browse the web anonymously while in Dhaka without your ISP or the government knowing what you’re doing.
Can I use a free VPN in Dhaka?
We don’t recommend you use a free VPN in Dhaka or indeed in any location. There are multiple reasons for this. One is that the speeds offered by free VPNs are slow. While this makes browsing more challenging, it means streaming and torrenting are almost impossible. Some of these free VPN services will even throttle your bandwidth. You’ll likely find that they also struggle to bypass restrictions, limiting the online content you can access in Dhaka.
Another issue with using a free VPN is the lack of security provided. It’s important to keep in mind that some don’t properly encrypt your data. Combine this with the lack of a kill switch or leak protection and your data is vulnerable to hackers and snoopers. Free VPNs may make money through advertising but some log your browsing data and sell it to third parties. As such, it’s highly unlikely you can stay anonymous online in Dhaka with a free VPN.
Are VPNs legal in Bangladesh?
Due to the government censorship and geographic restrictions in Dhaka, using a VPN is very much advised. The good news is that VPNs are legal in Bangladesh. Indeed, there are very few countries in which they’re illegal so even if you travel abroad, you should be fine. If you want to make sure, you can always consult our full list of where VPNs are legal and where they’re banned.