Trying to access OnlyFans anonymously? We explain how a Virtual Private Network (VPN) can help you gain access to OnlyFans from anywhere and keep your online activities private.
OnlyFans is primarily known for adult content, but the platform has been moving away from this in recent months and now hosts everyone from indie musicians to professional makeup artists. In other words, it’s more like Patreon than Pornhub. The problem is that some places (like public WiFi hotspots, workplaces, universities, and the entire country of Dubai) don’t realize this (or don’t care), and block the entire service outright.
The good news is that it’s easier than you might think to beat online censorship. Simply connecting to a VPN will route your traffic around any web-filtering your ISP or government might have in place, allowing you unrestricted access to OnlyFans. Best of all, VPNs encrypt your connection, preventing anyone from seeing what you get up to online.
For this to work, you’ll need a VPN capable of evading detection and beating sophisticated web-filtering systems. We’ll review each of the best VPNs for OnlyFans a little later, but for now, here’s a quick guide to the services we recommend:
Best VPNs for OnlyFans:
- NordVPN: Our top pick for OnlyFans. A security-first provider with exceptional versatility, top-tier speeds, and a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: The best budget VPN for OnlyFans. Great at accessing region-locked services abroad. Ranks highly on speed and security. No connection or bandwidth limits.
- ExpressVPN: With fast servers in 94 countries, easy-to-use apps, and a solid set of security tools built-in, this VPN is perfect for browsing OnlyFans privately, wherever you are in the world.
- CyberGhost: This VPN combines speedy servers with pre-configured security tools and the ability to securely access a huge range of services to make staying safe online as simple as possible.
- IPVanish: A zero-logs VPN with WireGuard support and no connection limit whatsoever. Steady speeds, unlimited bandwidth, and a large network make it ideal for almost any task.
- PrivateVPN: Known for its impressive speeds and privacy credentials. Works well with most geo-blocked services we’ve tried. Keeps no logs and controls every aspect of its network.
- Hotspot Shield: User-friendly apps with dedicated streaming servers. Even works in China making it as easy as possible to use OnlyFans privately while traveling. Good set of security and privacy features.
- 1 Best VPN for OnlyFans
- 2 How to use OnlyFans privately with a VPN
- 3 Methodology: How we chose the best VPNs for OnlyFans
- 4 Should I use a free VPN?
- 5 OnlyFans VPN: FAQs
- 6 Are VPNs legal?
- 7 Where is OnlyFans available?
- 8 Has OnlyFans banned explicit content?
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for OnlyFans with no restrictions for a month. This is ideal for anyone who likes to try a service out for themselves before coming to a decision.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn’t right for you and you’ll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
If you’ve spent a couple of minutes looking into VPNs, you’re probably aware of just how many there are. It’s worth noting that these aren’t all created equal. For instance, some are faster than others and others are far less secure than they might claim. In contrast, all the services we’re recommending fit the following criteria:
- Has a large network spanning multiple countries
- Offers quick and reliable connections
- Can bypass regional blocking and help you access OnlyFans from anywhere
- Includes effectively uncrackable encryption and various other security features
- Follows a strict no-logging policy
- Provides apps for a wide range of operating systems and devices
We go into more detail on our specific testing methodology below.
Best VPN for OnlyFans
Now, let’s examine the best VPNs for OnlyFans in a little more depth:
NordVPN is our top VPN for OnlyFans. Not only did it perform very well in our speed tests, but it gives users plenty of choice, with more than 5,000 servers spread across 60+ countries. Notably, this VPN is exceptionally versatile; we’ve had no issues securely accessing services like Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, and BBC iPlayer abroad. In fact, it’ll even let you browse the web as normal in places like Dubai and the UAE.
There are certainly plenty of security features to take advantage of. NordVPN apps include 256-bit AES encryption, an app-specific kill switch, and protection against DNS, WebRTC, and IPv6 leaks, plus a CyberSec tool that blocks ads automatically. This service has had its no-logs claims independently verified and accepts three different cryptocurrencies. Around-the-clock support is available, both via email and live chat.
NordVPN has its own Android, iOS, MacOS, Linux, and Windows apps. It can also be manually configured for use on select wireless routers.
- Capable of delivering very high speeds
- Exceptional unblocking ability
- Leads the industry on security
- Proven no-logs policy
- 24/7 support at no added cost
- Desktop apps take two clicks to disconnec
BEST VPN FOR ONLYFANS:NordVPN is our #1 pick. It boasts a fantastic set of security tools, 24/7 support, and top-tier speeds — in short, everything you need to browse OnlyFans safely. A 30-day money-back guarantee is included too, so you can try it risk-free.
Find out more in our full NordVPN review.
SAVE 72% + 3 months free
Get Deal >
Discount applied automatically
Surfshark is our budget pick for OnlyFans. This low-cost provider took first place in our latest speed tests and provides access to 3,200+ servers in over 60 countries. Further, this is one of the only major VPN providers that allows you to connect all of your devices at the same time. You’ll even be able to use services like OnlyFans, Netflix, and HBO Max while connected.
This service keeps your browsing habits private using 256-bit encryption, leak protection, a kill switch, and a combined ad-blocker/malware-scanner. What’s more, Surfshark One launched in August 2021 — this optional add-on includes an antivirus app, private search tool, and data leak alerts. Surfshark doesn’t keep any logs at all but you can pay in Bitcoin if you’d like even greater privacy. Support staff are ready to help day or night; just get in touch over email or live chat.
Surfshark comes with iOS, MacOS, Android, Windows, and Linux apps. If you’d prefer, you can manually install it on supported network routers.
- Ranked #1 in our latest speed tests
- Can still use services like Netflix while connected
- Very strong security offering
- Doesn’t keep any logs at all
- Secure all of your devices at once
- Can be tricky finding a specific option in the menus
BEST BUDGET VPN:Surfshark is our top budget option for OnlyFans. It’s more than fast enough for streaming and comes packed with security tools so your online activities stay private. With no connection limit and a 30-day money-back guarantee, there’s a lot to like!
Check out the full Surfshark review.
SAVE 81% on a 2-year plan
Get Deal >
Discount applied automatically
ExpressVPN is an extremely flexible service. Not only does its network span a whopping 94 countries, but it regularly makes the top three in Comparitech’s speed tests (most recently averaging 135 Mbps on a 1 Gbps connection). With unlimited bandwidth and a five-connection limit, you’ll be able to browse OnlyFans as much as you like, on whichever device you prefer.
Security-conscious users will appreciate this VPN’s 256-bit encryption, kill switch, leak protection, and wide range of supported protocols (including Lightway, ExpressVPN’s answer to WireGuard). Thanks to ExpressVPN’s split tunneling functionality, you could even choose to only encrypt data from the OnlyFans app. This allows you to forgo encryption on apps that don’t need it, in order to maintain the highest-possible speeds. Also, this service doesn’t log any data that could personally identify you. Live chat-based support is on-hand 24/7 in case of any issues.
ExpressVPN apps are available for Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS, and Android. What’s more, this provider has its own router app, which just saw a major update that greatly improved its speed and stability.
- Consistently high speeds
- Works with OnlyFans, Pornhub, and more
- Great security and privacy credentials
- Pay anonymously with Bitcoin
- On the higher end of the pricing spectrum
DIGITAL SECURITY ANYWHERE:ExpressVPN is a privacy-focused provider that offers some of the highest speeds around. Not only that, it lets you secure up to devices at once and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For more details, read our complete ExpressVPN review.
SPECIAL OFFER: 49% off plus 3 months Free!
Get Deal >
Coupon applied automatically
CyberGhost has an extremely large network, with more than 7,200 servers in 90+ countries. The apps helpfully let users know which are best for gaming, streaming, torrenting, and browsing anonymously, which lets you skip the trial and error and get right into whatever you’re doing. This VPN only has a small impact on your connection speeds, so you shouldn’t run into any issues while watching content on OnlyFans. Up to seven devices can be secured at once.
We’re big fans of VPNs that simplify things for the user. CyberGhost does this by enabling 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and leak protection by default, and by making most of its security options toggle switches, rather than providing numerous values for each. The company recently launched its own security suite (available for a small additional charge each month), so if you’re looking for comprehensive protection, you could do far worse. CyberGhost doesn’t log any personally identifiable info and provides 24/7 support over live chat.
CyberGhost users have the choice of iOS, MacOS, Windows, Android, and Linux apps. Alternatively, they can follow manual setup instructions to get this VPN running on their home router.
- Fast, streaming-optimized servers
- Testing revealed impressive server speeds
- All security features enabled by default
- User-friendly apps with 24/7 support
- Settings menu may be too basic for advanced users
VERY EASY TO USE:CyberGhost boasts a huge network, a strong security offering, and apps that are easy enough for anyone to use. Better still, it has a 45-day money-back guarantee and can help you securely access all of your favorite services while traveling.
Why not take a look at our in-depth review of CyberGhost?
SAVE 83% and Get 2 Months FREE on the 2 year plan
Get Deal >
Discount applied automatically
IPVanish is a lightweight, low-cost VPN that’s capable of standing alongside much better-known providers. For example, other than Surfshark, it’s the only service in this list that allows an unlimited number of connections. Not only that, but IPVanish allows you to securely access platforms like OnlyFans, Netflix, and NBC while traveling. It’s pretty fast, too, delivering an average speed of more than 60 Mbps in our most recent tests.
Security-wise, this VPN has a lot to offer. Its apps boast a kill switch, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and 256-bit encryption, but there’s also a feature that’ll obfuscate your OpenVPN traffic. This could help you access services that attempt to block VPN users outright. IPVanish has a true no-logs policy and recently introduced support for the WireGuard protocol, which is a huge step forward. If you run into trouble, you can contact support 24/7 over live chat.
IPVanish comes with its own Android, iOS, Windows, and MacOS apps. To use this service on Linux systems and supported network routers, you’ll have to install it manually.
- High speeds and unlimited bandwidth
- Puts your security and privacy first
- Connect every device you own
- Doesn’t have a Linux app
NO LOGS, NO LIMITS:IPVanish doesn’t keep logs, limit the number of devices you can connect, or throttle your bandwidth. It’s a strong performer on speed and security too, plus it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on its one-year plan.
Interested? You’ll find more info in our full IPVanish review.
SAVE 70% on the annual or two-year plan
Get Deal >
Discount applied automatically
PrivateVPN is an exceptionally speedy provider that works well with most services we’ve tested it against. It’s even able to get around China’s Great Firewall, so you should be able to securely access OnlyFans from just about anywhere. There are around 200 servers to choose from in 60+ countries, and all of these are completely owned, hosted, and maintained by the company.
This, coupled with the fact that PrivateVPN recently became its own ISP, greatly enhances your privacy, since it means that no other organization has access to your web traffic. Of course, that’s not all the protection you’ll have: the apps also include 256-bit encryption, a customizable kill switch, and leak protection, as well as a Stealth mode for bypassing deep packet inspection. As you might expect, PrivateVPN has a zero-logs policy. Support is available most hours of the day via email and live chat.
PrivateVPN has apps for MacOS, Windows, iOS, and Android systems. Linux systems and select home routers are supported too, although manual configuration is required.
- Among the fastest VPNs we’ve tested
- Works with lots of other services, not just OnlyFans
- Excellent security and privacy credentials
- Doesn’t have 24/7 live chat
- Small but growing network of servers
PERFECT FOR STREAMING:PrivateVPN is a speedy service that puts your security above all else. This makes it a natural choice for anyone looking to stream content on platforms like OnlyFans privately. What’s more, PrivateVPN has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Take a look at our comprehensive PrivateVPN review.
Save 77% on the two year plan
Get Deal >
Discount applied automatically
Hotspot Shield is quickly gaining popularity, in no small part because of how versatile and easy to use it is. Users can choose from over 1,800 servers in 80+ countries, and there are even some specifically designed for a better streaming or gaming experience. As well as OnlyFans, this VPN can help you to securely use platforms like Amazon Prime Video, Pornhub, and BBC iPlayer. A maximum of five devices can be connected simultaneously.
This service shields your activities from snoopers using a kill switch, 256-bit AES encryption, and protection against IPv6 and DNS leaks. Not only that, but it can automatically connect itself whenever you use an unsecured wireless network. Previously, only the company’s proprietary Catapult Hydra protocol was supported but newer versions let you connect via IKEv2 if you’d prefer. Either way, Hotspot Shield deletes all identifiable info when your session ends. Support staff can be contacted over live chat and email, 24 hours per day.
Hotspot Shield offers apps for Android, Windows, iOS, MacOS, and Linux. Of course, you’re always free to manually install this VPN on supported routers if you’d like to bypass the connection limit and secure every device on your home network.
- Has decent speeds and streaming-optimized servers
- Browse OnlyFans securely abroad
- Makes it easy to stay safe online
- Doesn’t provide much control over advanced security features
- No way to sign up anonymously
NO FUSS VPN:Hotspot Shield has everything you’ll need to use OnlyFans safely. There’s a solid set of security tools, for instance, as well as servers specially configured for high-quality streaming. Still not sure? This VPN also includes a generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
Check out the complete Hotspot Shield review.
Hotspot Shield Coupon
Special Deal – save 77% on the 3 year plan
Get Deal >
Discount applied automatically
How to use OnlyFans privately with a VPN
While VPNs can seem a little intimidating to new users, they’re actually quite easy to use. Follow the steps below to access OnlyFans securely from anywhere in the world.
Here’s how to privately access OnlyFans from anywhere:
- Start by choosing which of the VPNs above you’d like to use (we recommend NordVPN).
- Download the VPN app and install it on any device you plan to access OnlyFans on.
- Log into the app and select a server in a nearby location. Note that you may have to use a server in a neighboring country if you’re visiting a region that blocks OnlyFans (or porn sites) outright.
- Now, simply clear your cookies (or app data, if you’re on mobile) and access OnlyFans like you normally would. Still having problems? In that case, we’d recommend you ask your VPN’s customer support team for one-on-one assistance.
Methodology: How we chose the best VPNs for OnlyFans
There are plenty of reasons why you might want to use a VPN when visiting OnlyFans. You might be trying to get around regional restrictions, for instance, or just looking to keep your browsing history private. This does mean that we have to look for services that excel in a few key areas, though. Below, you’ll find the aspects of a VPN that we prioritized during our search:
- Security and privacy features: If you’re hoping to use OnlyFans privately, you’ll need a VPN with a solid security offering. All of the services above include 256-bit encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, a kill switch, and a no-logs policy at a bare minimum. Naturally, we prioritize VPNs that go above and beyond this.
- Supported platforms: Evading VPN-detection systems isn’t easy, which is why we test VPNs to make sure you can still use popular platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu while connected. This also means that, whichever VPN you choose, you’ll be able to access a much wider range of services than just OnlyFans.
- Server choice: Generally, the more servers available, the easier it is to get a high-speed connection. With more supported locations, users can browse OnlyFans without having to rely on a server that’s hundreds of miles away.
- Performance: Being able to access OnlyFans doesn’t mean much if your connection is too slow to watch anything. That’s why we only recommend VPNs that perform well in our regular speed testing. Unlimited bandwidth is another must-have, since without this, you might not be able to browse privately as much as you’d like to.
- Price: Part of our testing involves weighing up the features that a VPN offers and comparing how it’s priced compared to similar rivals. If a service isn’t competitively priced, it doesn’t make our list. We also look into available VPN discounts, guarantees, and trials to make sure you never pay more than you have to.
- Ease of use: You shouldn’t need a technology degree to stop people spying on your online activities. That’s why we only recommend VPNs that are easy enough for the layperson to set up and use. We’re particularly fond of services with 24/7 live chat, strong multi-platform support, and no connection limit since these help streamline the user experience even more.
You might be surprised to learn that this is just one small section of our broader VPN testing methodology. If you’re interested in learning more, just check out this detailed rundown of how we test VPNs.
Should I use a free VPN?
Unfortunately, if something seems too good to be true, it usually is, and free VPNs are no exception. These services are often plagued by slow speeds due to their high number of users and small networks, so they tend to impose low monthly data caps. As you might expect, this makes them effectively useless for streaming video regularly. To make matters worse, free VPNs are usually the first to be blacklisted by major streaming services, so even if you find one that’s reasonably fast, there’s still a solid chance that it won’t meet your needs.
Paid VPNs are rigorously tested and vetted for security before they’re released but in contrast, free services often aren’t. This doesn’t stop free VPN providers from lying about how secure they are, though; researchers have even found some that don’t bother encrypting user traffic at all! In other words, people who use these apps are no more secure than when browsing normally, and may actually be less so, since they’ve allowed an additional organization access to their internet traffic. To keep yourself safe online, we recommend taking price into account alongside other factors, instead of basing your decision solely on how much a VPN costs.
OnlyFans VPN: FAQs
Are VPNs legal?
Unless you’re visiting Iraq, you’re unlikely to get into trouble simply for using a VPN to browse the internet. There is one caveat to this, though: some countries (Russia, China, and Oman included) place restrictions on the providers you’re allowed to use. Since these are all regions with oppressive state surveillance, we’d urge caution when using government-approved VPNs. If in doubt, it’s best to assume your online activities are being monitored.
Note: laws around VPN usage can vary wildly even between neighboring countries. If you’re unsure about the legality of using a VPN in your current location, we strongly recommend you read up on the local laws before attempting to connect.
Where is OnlyFans available?
OnlyFans is available in most of the world, including China, which is surprising given that the country blocks most foreign social media services. That said, despite hosting a wide variety of content, OnlyFans has fallen foul of adult content filters in Dubai. In some places, the restrictions are less strict (though still present); users in Nigeria, for example, are able to browse the site but not register as creators themselves.
Has OnlyFans banned explicit content?
OnlyFans had originally planned to ban sexually explicit content from its platform in October 2021, citing concerns from payment platforms. However, users and creators alike took to social media, reminding the company that it had shot to prominence on the back of adult content. In the wake of the backlash, OnlyFans put out a statement saying that it was “suspending” its plans to ban adult content.