Aadhaar Card is an identity proof that is asked by many organizations. If you want to open a bank account, apply for a credit card, buy a car or a bike, or buy any insurance policy then the first thing an agent asks as identity proof is the Aadhaar card. So, it is important for every individual to have an Aadhaar card. But if you have already applied for it and don’t know the current status then you can check it on the official website of UIDAI. You must track the Aadhaar Card Status and where it really is. Therefore, in this article, you can see the various steps through which you can know the status of your Aadhaar card and it is possible online.
Aadhaar Card Status Check Online
There are two ways to check the status of your Aadhaar card. Either you can check the status through the EID that is your enrolment ID or through your name. You can explore both methods and choose the one that is feasible for you.
Know Aadhaar Card Status Check by Enrolment ID
- Open the official website of UIDAI on your PC and Laptop.
- Go to the My Aadhaar tab and open the dropdown menu.
- Then click on the Get Aadhaar option in the dropdown menu and a new page will open.
- Then choose the Check Status option on that page and again a new page will open.
- You will have to enter your Enrolment ID and choose the Time of Enrolment from the calendar.
- Enter the Captcha shown in the box and finally, click on the Check Status button.
- You will get the details of your Aadhaar Card Status on your screen.
Aadhaar Card Status By Name and Date of Birth
Your Name can help you to get the Enrolment ID but in the end, your EID will help to know the Aadhaar Status. So, while checking your status, if you don’t remember your EID then you can retrieve it through your name, and after retrieving your EID you can check your Aadhaar status. Therefore, follow the steps given below to retrieve EID and then check the Aadhaar Card Status.
- Go to the official website of UIDAI on your PC and Laptop.
- Then click on the My Aadhaar tab and open the dropdown menu.
- Choose the Get Aadhaar option in the dropdown menu and a new page will open.
- Then choose the Retrieve EID/UID option on that page and again a new page will open.
- Enter your Full Name, Mobile Number, and the Captcha, and then click on the Send OTP Button.
- Make sure you enter the registered mobile number that you have entered at the time of enrolment.
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Enter the OTP and you can see your EID that is your enrolment ID.
Once you know your Enrolment ID, you can easily check your Aadhaar Card status through it. There are no other ways to know the status because it is mandatory to have the EID.
So, if you have applied for your Aadhaar and haven’t got it then you must check the Aadhaar card status online EID. But if in case you have forgotten your EID then you can retrieve it through your name and your mobile number. Therefore, keep yourself updated about the status of your Aadhaar card.